House

Tommy wiped the sweat from his forehead as he placed the final block on the house. It was finally done. It took a week after the incident with Dream to even leave Techno's cabin. But eventually, Techno and Ghostbur managed to get him out.

Techno walked up behind Tommy, "looks nice."

Tommy smiled widely, "I know!"

Techno smiled softly, placing a hand on Tommy's shoulder, "I'm proud of you."

Tommy's face got warm. He shoved Techno off, crossing his arms.

"Shut up." Tommy huffed.

Techno stretched, "Well, then I guess it's time to start your training. Think fast."

Tommy screamed and barely managed to dodge as Techno swiped at him with a sword.

"What the fuck!?" Tommy yelled, scrambling away and summoning his shield.

"Come on!" Techno shouted, "defend yourself!"

Tommy grit hit teeth, "Shut the fuck up!"

Techno continued to push. Tommy knew he was about to be cornered against Techno's cabin. The blonde dove to the side, darting behind the piglin. And then he ran.

Techno sighed softly. If Tommy could get one strike on him, he would pass.

Tommy was running though the forest. Why would Techno attack him!? They were supposed to be friends. Why did he betray him?

"Tommy." Techno jumped in front of the boy.

Tommy stopped short, sliding in the snow, "T-Techno!"

"You can't always run."  Techno told him, then charged again.

Tommy blocked the axe swing with his shield. He didn't want to hurt Techno. He didn't want to fight.

Techno pressed down on the shield, causing splinters to fly into the air. Tommy fall back with the weight. The boy threw the shield to the side, knocking Techno off balance, and stabbed out with his sword.

It connected solidly against a netherite chest plate.

Techno stood slowly, "Well done Tommy."

"What?!" Tommy yelled, "what the fuck!? You tried to kill me!"

"If I was trying to kill you, you wouldn't be alive right now." Techno sighed, "it was a test. And you passed."

"What the fuck kind of test was this!?" Tommy stood quickly.

"It was to see if you were able to fight." Techno told him, "I won't go easy on you."

Tommy frowned, "I don't want you too."

Techno hummed, "Good. Let's go home."

The two walked back through the trees. It was completely quiet. Neither of them spoke as the cabins came into view. However, it surprised them when Ghostbur wasn't waiting for them like usual.

"Ghostbur?" Tommy called out as they drew nearer.

The for of Tommy's house opened. To his horror, Dream walked out. The usually pristine white mask was smudged with blue, and a small chip was missing from when Tommy hit it.

"Not quite Tommy." Dreams mask tilted slightly, "Nice house."

"At least he has one." Techno shrugged.

Dream tensed, "I have a house!"

"Oh, yeah! You wouldn't know it! My house goes to another school!" Techno taunted.

Tommy couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"I have-!" Dream growled, "That's not the point!"

"Then why are you here?" Techno asked.

Dreams gaze flicked to Tommy, "I was looking for him."

Techno took a step forward, "well you found him. Now leave."

There was a silence between the three. Then in an instant, an arrow was let from Dream's bow. Tommy raised his shield just in time. He heard a dull thunk as the arrow hit.

"What the fuck Dream!?" Tommy yelled.

Dream just laughed, tapping a spot on his neck, "Remember Tommy. You'll never really escape."

Tommy's grip tightened on his shield. Before he could say anything, Dream disappeared.

"The fuck!?" Tommy shouted.

"He pearled away." Techno told him, "are you okay?"

Tommy nodded, "where's Ghostbur? Ghostbur!?"

The ghost poked his head out of a window, giving them a large smile.

"Hi Tommy!" Ghostbur giggled, "Dream came by! I gave him some blue!"

Tommy let out a long breath, slumping against Techno.

"Glad to see you're okay Ghostbur." Techno said.

"Yeah, good to see you." Tommy sighed, "I'm going to bed."

Techno nodded, "that's probably a good idea. Go rest."

Tommy nodded, stumbling up the steps to his house. Techno sighed softly. Dream would be coming more often now that he knew where Tommy was. He just hoped nothing would happen while he was gone.