Friends

Tommy sat in his house, slowly stroking Friend's fur. Doomsday was bland. The TNT went off without much fight. Tubbo wasn't even there. A lot of people weren't there. Only Quackity and Fundy really fought, and they ended up giving up by the end.

Phil and Ranboo came the next day, Phil finishing the house he was building, right between Tommy's and Techno's. Across from their little complex, Ranboo built a little house. The enderman hybrid seemed distant though. Tommy guessed it was because he just saw his home get blown up. Tommy could relate to that.

The boy was broken out of his thoughts be a knock a his door. He jumped lightly, bit the weight of Friend on his lap helped keep him calm.

"Hello?" Tommy called out.

To his surprise, Ranboo opened the door.

"Hey Tommy, I, um, I was wondering if you wanted to go netherite mining with me?" Ranboo asked.

Tommy tilted his head slightly, "why would you ask me?"

Ranboo shrugged, "I, um, well you haven't been out of your house since doomsday so..."

Tommy hummed, "yeah okay."

"What?" Ranboo's head snapped up as Tommy pushed friend off of him.

"I'll go mining with you." Tommy said, brushing blue wool off his clothes.

"Oh!" Ranboo smiled, his tail wagging softly, "oh, good!"

"Just don't be a fucking idiot like you usually are." Tommy told him.

Ranboo's ears dropped, "and there it is, oh boy, this is , this is gonna be..."

Tommy laughed, "this is going to be the best mining trip! You have me! Tommyinnit! Biggest man!"

Ranboo chuckled softly, "mhm, okay Tommy."

"Wha-" Tommy shook his head, "you're such a dick."

"Oh, well, okay." Ranboo shrugged.

The two walked out into the snow. Techno and Phil were both in their houses, busy with their own lives. Though Tommy was pretty sure Techno was just hibernating.

Tommy and Ranboo made it to the nether. They made their way across a few paths. Tommy caught sight of a portal up on a small overhang and slowed. Logstedshire...

"Tommy?" Ranboo asked, "are you okay?"

Tommy tore his eyes away from the portal, "yeah. Let's keep going."

"Oh-okay." Ranboo nodded.

Tommy turned, only to see Tubbo standing across the path from him. They stared at each other for a moment.

"Tubbo!" Ranboo called, his tail wagging, "over here!"

Tubbo broke out of his trance, walking over to where Tommy was stood in shock.

"There now that we're all here-"

"Why is Tommy here?" Tubbo asked.

Ranboo twisted his fingers, "well, I thought, since you two were friends-"

"Did your fucking amnesia get worse!? We're not-!" Tommy started, but snapped his mouth shut.

Tubbo glared at him, "we're not what Tommy?"

The blonde looked away, "nothing..."

Ranboo sighed, "l-look I just... We've all been hurt by Dream. Let's not fight each other too."

Tubbos shoulder slumped, "you're right... Tommy can we just-just try?"

Tommy didn't know what to say. It had been about a month since doomsday. Did Tubbo want to forgive him that soon? Was this just a trick.

"Tommy?" Tubbo asked, taking a step closer.

Tommy watched him carefully. He had shed the presidential suit for a brown fur-trimmed vest. Tubbo had also grown his hair out to cover his eyes, and him horns had seemed to have grown in fully. He looked... older.

"Fine, okay." Tommy said, crossing his arms "just remember the rules!"

Tubbo laughed, "how could I forget?"

Tommy smiled. The three of them started walking down to the netherite mines. Tommy wondered if he looked older. His hair had grown out during exile, but he had cut most of it off before doomsday. Only leaving only a braid with a lock of Wilbur's hair in it, similar to Techno's. He had definitely gotten stronger as well.

"Oh my god!" Tubbo yelled suddenly, "Ranboo! We could get Michael now!"

The enderman hybrid gasped, "oh my god you're right!"

Tommy looked between the two of them, "who the fuck is Michael?"

"He's a zombie piglin we found." Tubbo explained with a smile, "we haven't been able to get him to Snowchester yet, bit now is the perfect time!"

Tommy raised an eyebrow, "you kidnapped a piglin child?"

"No no!" Ranboo told him, "he was all alone! We couldn't find any other piglins anywhere. He could have been attacked so we, um, put him in a hole until we could get him to the overworld."

"You two are dicks." Tommy crossed his arms as he followed them to Michaels pit.

"Well, to be fair we were going to take him to the overworld immediately." Tubbo shrugged, "but you know, things came up. My country was threatened and all that."

Tommy stayed silent. Tubbo jumped up a hill and Tommy noticed that the sorter boy now had goat legs. When the hell did that happen!?

"Over here!" Ranboo smiled as he started digging out some netherrack.

Tubbo dropped down next to the opening, "Michael!"

Ranboo hummed softly as he picked up the child, "hi Michael."

The piglin squealed and hugged the enderman hybrid. Tommy watched from a few places away.

"You two are so weird." He said as he shook his head.

"Oh some on." Tubbo smiled at him, "come meet Michael."

Tommy hesitated, but slowly moved forward. Tubbo laughed at him, making a comment about how he's becoming more and more like Techno.

Michael looked up at Tommy as he came closer. Then he smiled at him, making a happy squealing noise. Tommy could feel his heart swell. This child had not just tugged his heartstrings, but yanked them out.

"Oh my god!" Tommy cooed over the child, "you are so cute!"

Tubbo burst into laughter, "you are such a softie."

"I am not!" Tommy said, not holding Michael.

Ranboo hummed, "sure Tommy."

Tommy's face went red, "shut up. Let's just get him back to wherever the fuck you're taking him."

"Snowchester." Tubbo said, "stay the night there, I'll give you a tour."

Tommy hummed. A tour of Tubbo's new town... He smiled to himself. Why the hell not?

"Sure Tubzo." Tommy said, "lead the way."