Nukes

Techno watched out his window at the falling snow. He'd gotten an earful from Phil after Tommy ran off. He didn't mean to be so harsh to the boy, but death is a sensitive subject these days.

A flicker of movement caught his eye. It was Ghostbur and Ghostboo. They were walking back to the cabins from the portal. Techno was wondering where they had been when another figure came into view, carrying someone familiar on their back.

Techno jumped up, running out of his cabin twords the ghosts.

"Ghostbur! What happened!?" Techno asked once he saw that Tommy was unconscious.

Ghostbur glanced at the ghost carrying the boy, "we don't know. We found him like this. He's burning up Techno, please help him?"

The piglin sighed and nodded, taking Tommy from the new ghosts back, "alright. Come on. Ghostboo, can you get Phil? And Tubbo."

The black and white ghost nodded, giving Techno a smile and a small salute before rushing off. Techno carried Tommy into the boys house. He set him on the bed, checking his temperature. Ghostbur was right, Tommy was almost literally burning.

Techno grabbed the bandana off Tommy's arm and went to the window to fill it with snow. It would at least help with the fever for now.

"So," Techno started, glancing at the new ghost, "I assume you're Dream's ghost?"

The green ghost nodded, "um, yeah. I'm Draith!"

Techno hummed, "alright. You got any weird memory thing going on too?"

"Um, I-I guess?" Draith shrugged, "I remember everything that I did... But I don't know why I did it or who anyone is. So far I've only met Ghostbur, Ghostboo, and Tommy."

"Interesting." Techno said, "I'm Technoblade. I helped you blow up a country."

Draith winced back, "oh... yeah... I remember that... But weren't there two more people there?"

Techno nodded, "Tommy and Phil."

The door burst open and Tubbo ran in.

"Techno! Where's Tommy!?" The goat boy yelled, "is he ok-AH!? DREAM!?"

Tubbo reeled back. He stared at the ghost with wide eyes. Draith just smiled back at him.

"Hi! I'm Draith!" The ghost introduced himself.

"Techno, what the hell is he doing here?" Tubbo asked, inching around the ghost to stand by the piglin.

"He brought Tommy here." Techno explained, "he doesn't remember who anyone is."

Tubbo took a deep breath, "I don't care. Get him out of here."

Techno nodded, ushering the ghost out of the cabin. They passed Phil as they left. The winged man gave then a surprised, confused look, but continued into the cabin. Tubbo was sitting by the bed, holding Tommy's hand tightly.

Phil placed a hand on Tubbos back, "he'll be okay."

Tubbo shook his head, "no... He's not okay... He murdered Ponk, and now Sam... Phil he's turning into Dream."

"We just need to talk to him." Phil told the boy, "show him that everything's okay-"

"But it won't be!" Tubbo yelled, "not for him! It'll never be okay for him! Just like it was never okay for Dream!"

Tubbos eyes filled with tears as he looked up at Phil, "I can't let him go down that same path. He won't listen to us... You know he won't..."

"Tubbo, what are you saying?" Phil asked quietly.

Tubbo scrubbed the tears out of his eyes, "I have a son. My husband is already dead. I'm not having another Dream threaten what little I have left of my family."

Phil let out a small sigh, "I hope you know what you're doing."

"I do too..." Tubbo whispered.

Phil pulled Tubbo into a hug. The boy had gone through so much in his life, too much. So many wars, forced into leadership and executed publicly.

"I'm sorry Phil... I'm so sorry..." Tubbo said quietly a shis tears soaked into Phil's shirt.

"I understand Tubbo. It's okay." Phil told him, "it's okay."

Tubbo cried softly. It was a silent kind of crying. The kind of crying that happens when you've accepted something, but aren't quite ready to let go.

Techno stood quietly at the door. He should have seen it coming. He should have done something to keep Tommy from going down this path. But he didn't, and that's his fault.

The piglin looked out the window at the three ghosts. He frowned. There where too many ghosts on the server now. And there would always be more...