Visiting The Prison

Tommy's fork clattered to his plate. Dream... Wanted to see him...

"Tommy?" Ranboo asked quietly, "are-are you okay?"

Tommy nodded quickly, rubbing the fading smiley face on his neck, "yeah, I'm fine."

"You don't have to go, but I figured I should tell you-" Sam started.

"No, I'm going." Tommy stood quickly.

"Tommy, are you sure?" Phil asked, pulling his wings in tightly.

"I'm sure." Tommy nodded, "whatever he has to say, I want to hear it."

"You have to know, you'll be in the cell with him. No weapons, no anything." Sam warned him, "are you sure you want to do this?"

Tommy nodded.

Sam sighed, "then tomorrow meet me outside the prison."

"I will." Tommy told him.

And that's how Tommy found himself standing at the prison gates. He went early in the morning, before anyone at home was awake. Tommy didn't want to get talked out of it.

Sam walked out, seemingly surprised to find Tommy there, "you're here early?"

"I want to get this done with." Tommy said, "so take me to Dream so I never have to see him again."

Sam nodded, "okay. Follow me."

Tommy followed Sam through the entrance, signing the contacts and going through security without a word. He wanted this to be over quickly. But even so, he couldn't help but marvel at the redstone genius that was the prison. Sam was one hell of an engineer.

"Alright," Sam said, pressing a button, "once the lava is down, I'll send you over on the bridge. You'll have ten minutes."

Tommy nodded, standing on the platform. He could see Dream across the lava now, sitting there with that same white mask. The platform lurched forward and Tommy walked along with it.

"Hello Tommy." Dream spoke once the netherite barrier went down.

"What do you want Dream." Tommy said.

"I just wanted a visitor." Dream tilted his head, "it's been at least a week since I got put in here, and no one has showed up."

Tommy scoffed, "why me though? Why not Sapnap, or George?"

Dream flinched away from his words. He stood up silently. Tommy couldn't help the small tremble in his hands as the masked man walked up to him

"Because," Dream grabbed Tommy's chin, pushing it to the side to look at the mark on his neck, "I own you."

"Fuck off!" Tommy pushed him off, "you don't own shit!"

Dream laughed. Loud and ringing in the obsidian cell.

Then the prison shook. A loud boom echoed through it's halls. Dream stopped laughing, but smiled instead.

"What the fuck was that!?" Tommy yelled, "Sam! Sam!"

"Tommy!" Sam's voice came through, "I'm sorry! There's been a security breach! I-I'll get you out as soon as I can!"

"Wait. Wait Sam!" Tommy yelled into the lava, "No Sam you can't- you can't leave me in here with him! Sam! SAM!"

Tommy felt his breath hitch, "PHIL! TECHNO! SAM! ANYONE! GET ME THE FUCK OUT!"

Dream placed a hand on Tommy's shoulder, causing the boy to freeze.

"I'm here Tommy." Dream whispered.

Icy fear filled his veins. A terror he hadn't known since exile. It was happening again. A new exile, in a small obsidian box. Tommy fell to the ground.

"And I'll always be here."