Part 30 | Didn't see that coming

2 weeks post the accident

KARTIK

I was in my cabin staring at the busy world outside the window.
My laptop is left untouched for 2 days now. I haven't signed a single document, postponed all my meetings.

Basically for the past 2 days all I did was to step into the office, drink 7 cups of coffee, doing nothing but thinking and head back home.

And to mention, I miss the Coffee my wife makes!

Looking at the small globe sitting on my desk, I wonder how it would be, had the World been a cube instead of a sphere.

There would be corners to hide from things that hurt.

But again it's just deceptive for,
by cutting corners we would end up going in circles.

2 days ago,

" To What do I owe this visit, Mr. Oberoi? " Vinay Malhotra sat right in the opposite end of the huge conference table with his son, Raghav Malhotra who stood beside with a smirk on his face.

"Cut the crap Mr. Malhotra! I am not here for a chit chat. " Rage rushed through my veins.

" Ah Young blood! Impatient and curious. Take a seat Boy, The day has just began. " The old man, with salt and pepper hair that went along smoothly with his grey suit, commented.

" there's nothing to talk about. Your stupid games won't change my decision.
Oberoi industries will never have a tie up with your company ! "

I loosened the last two buttons of my suit and leaned on the table, my eyes boring into his without a flicker.

" and remember Mr. Malhotra,
You might be an impatient man,
But I am ruthless when it comes to my wife. Don't you dare! " I warned with a raised tone.

Giving an intimidating glare at Raghav, I turned to leave the room.

" Trust me boy" came the old man's voice compelling and firm, " you want to have this conversation. "

The door opened to reveal someone I least expected.

" Dad !? "

His eyes held guilt.

------

I was having a conversation with Arjun and Rudra when My PA knocked at the door.

" Sir Mr. Raghav Malhotra wants to meet-" before Tina could finish her sentence, The arrogant ass came inside dismissing her from the scene.

" Isn't it a pleasant evening Mr. Oberoi? " Raghav pulled a chair and sat before me.

My unwavering gaze was fixed on him.

" By the way, I couldn't see your Wife around. How's Na- "

Rudra interrupted him sharply, " Don't you take her name with your filthy mouth. "

" Ah! " Raghav exclaimed, " sounds like she found a family. But see her poor fate, Family is never meant for her! "

I flared giving him a fearsome look, "What brings you here? " I asked in a dangerously low tone.

Raghav presented a document, " This document says that the tenders for the slum clearance project belonging to Oberoi Industries is transferred to Malhotra Builders. Sign these papers. "

Arjun looked bewildered, " That's a huge project worth more than 10 crore and we have already started the foundat-"

" You can have it. " I grabbed a pen.