Part 43 | A kiss with a wink

Before we jump into the chapter.....

I know the updates are taking a while. I am juggling between things and hardly get time to write nowadays. But I will try my best to update as frequently as I can.

I just wanna appreciate my beautiful people for bearing with me patiently. 🤧🥺🤍
Your love and support is my biggest motivation to go on with the story. Your comments make my day 🥺🥰

So yeah, thank you peeps! ❤️
Luv u all <3

'''''''''''''""""""""'''''''''''''''

KARTIK

I woke up to my phone ringing violently. Stretching my arm I fetched my phone. It was my PA.

As the 1.52 minute long call ended, A curse left my mouth.

I am not supposed to be working today. For God sakes I deserve to be home alone with my wife atleast on my freaking birthday!!

But no! Some stupid situation had to pop out of nowhere, exactly today.

Just then I realised the bed was empty. I looked around but didn't find her in the room.

No ' happy birthday hubby ' squeal with a morning kiss??

Stfu and move your ass! My insides mocked.

" Way to start my day. " I gruff in annoyance, pushing the duvet away and getting out of my bed.

I did hear her wish me last night but come on, I deserve a face to face wish with a birthday kiss. Is it too much to ask?

I descended the stairs, fastening the straps of my Rolex around my left wrist. Naira was running around clutching her phone close to her ear while searching for some papers and files.

As far as I remember, she is against working on weekends.

But not today.

As her eyes fell on me, she smiled and mouthed a silent good morning. Without waiting for my response, she resumed her pacing and talking.

I sighed and requested Dory to bring my breakfast.

After about 5 minutes, " Yeah, Okay. I'll be there in 15 " I heard her say before she turned her attention to me.

"Are you heading to work? " She asked, walking into the kitchen.

No. I am decked in a suit to hit the gym.

" Yeah. Something came up. " I replied short.

" Looks like someone has found joy working during weekends. " My voice laced with sarcasm.

What happened to her theory of ' weekend is all about me time- ' today, Huh!

" I got Inspired by you. " She winked, handing me a coffee mug.

" The project dealer has some last minute changes and they will be leaving tonight, I don't have a choice now. Else I am not the one to enjoy working on weekends, unlike you Mr. Workaholic. " I rolled my eyes at her.

The familiar smell of her coffee hit my nostrils and I instantly moaned at the first sip of it.

The coffee she makes! I missed this taste of caffeine.

Naira collected her hand bag and grabbed some files, " See you. Byee ! "
I watched her retreating figure as she walked out of the main door.

That's it!!!

Byee! That is all I get??

Disappointed I had the last sip of my beverage and placed it on the table with more force than intended. I stood up and straightened my coat, ready to leave when my eyes fell on the coffee mug.