Part 33 | There's No More Us

The sun had long set behind the horizon, some remnants of the mellow painted sky still lingering.

The bestfriend duo stepped out of the car parked before Kartik's penthouse. After his meltdown in the afternoon, Kartik spent the evening by the beach side rock, his go-to place to calm his disturbed soul.
From there, Arjun had took over the steers driving home.

Entering the penthouse kartik stopped on his tracks seeing someone not so welcomed in his house.

" What the f*** are you doing here? " Arjun roared at Raghav who had settled in the living room, facing his best friend's wife.

Kartik had his gaze fixed on his wife who, apparently didn't flinch at the sudden booming voice, instead seemed lost in her thoughts.

" Oh here they are! " Raghav exclaimed getting up on his feet.

" What am I doing here? Nothing! I was actually coming to meet you Mr. Oberoi, but then Naira here seemed to had lost her way. So I just showed her the right way.
Didn't I , Naira? " Smirking he turned towards Kartik.

" Infact She was seeking answers for some dire questions and I offered her some help, I mean why not? After all I knew the answers." Kartik's frame stiffened at his statement.

" Just get out. " Kartik said in a calm tone.

Raghav went ahead, " Questions like Who was behind her Parents' death? "

Kartik clenched his jaw when she raised her head to look at him.

She knows!

Naira had only one question in her mind, Why?

Scanning his face, She searched for an answer.

Why did he not tell me ?
Didn't he feel it was important for me to know ?

" Leave before I make you regret stepping in here. " Kartik whispered dangerously low.

With a smug look dancing on his face, Raghav continued.
" Why would a CEO with a Colossal business empire, suddenly out of nowhere, wish to marry an Orphan Architect. Doesn't it sound weird? I mean why her, when he can get any women with a snap of finger. "

" That's it! Get your ass out of my house. NOW!! " He cussed at Raghav, wanting to beat the crap out of him but alas he stood there with tied hands.

" Oh Kartik, just one story and I'll be done. I'm going to keep it short, promise. "

Naira looked at her husband perplexed and then at Raghav.

" Years ago, There lived Two best friends, say Mr. A and Mr. B!
Like a family. Happy, affectionate and together.

Until that one unfortunate day Mr. B died saving his friend from a fatal accident. As promised to his friend in death bed, Mr. A took care of Mr. B's family like his own.

But again fate played a cruel game ! Mr. B's son and daughter in law died in a car accident. Sad !

The only surviving family member was his little grand daughter. Naive. Abandoned.
Mr. A knew the kid was alive but was clueless about her whereabouts.

Now here comes the climax!

Feeling indebted to his friend for saving his life, Mr. A wrote a conditioned will!
His grandson had to marry Mr. B's only grand daughter, to overtake the executive powers of his Company and business.

Interesting move, isn't it Naira!

Any guess who's Mr. A and Mr. B?" Raghav paused, " Kartik? "

" Please. No. "

The Billionaire's Bride On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara