Chapter 3

A/N: Woah. 45 reads that's crazy in less than 24hrs! Thanks so much!

Mia POV

I wake up and I am disoriented. I sit up and realize I am on a big bed and in a room that is not the basement. I start moving some more, but then I start feeling pain and stopped. I look next to me and I see a girl. The girl starts moving and wakes up.

"Good morning, Mia. Did you sleep well?" the girl says. I think her name is Lya. I just nod my head.

"That is good. Let me go get some food for you real quick."

She get out of the bed and heads toward a door. Me, I am still sitting on the bed trying to remember what happened. Ah, yes. I left that house where Mister and Missus did not want me anymore and I ended up here. A few minutes Lya comes in again with a bowl.

"Here you go. Some fruit since you did not seem to like the oatmeal last night" she says as she hands the bowl to me. I do not even know what oatmeal is. And look at her confused.

"Um. I a-al-already ate this w-week" I tell her with confusion on why she is giving me more stuff. She looks at me confused.

"I-i s-sorry. I-i did nit m-mean to m-make you m-mad." I say quickly after. She starts shaking her head.

"Honey, you are supposed to eat everyday. I am not mad. Please eat some of the fruit. It will make you feel better." She says as her phone starts to ring.

Hmm. I suppose it would not hurt, right? I start eating this red fruit with small seeds. YUMMY!! Then I move onto a small blue-ish looking fruit. It is a bit sour, but I like it. She comes back in and starts smiling at me.

"I see you are enjoying it." She says as she look at the bowl and my expression.

"Strawberry girl, huh? I personally like pineapple, but I did not have that today. Anyways, I just got a call from my friend saying to come in to help find your parents."

Strawberry? That must be the red fruit. When she tells me about my parents, I just get a frown and I think she noticed.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"T-they no w-want me. Mister and Missus said so " I say with a frown.

She looks at me like she is thinking.

"Are Mister and Missus not your parents?" she asks. I just nod no.

"Okay. Well, I bet your parents do want you. Let's get you in a bath and ready to go meet my friend, yes?" I just nod again.

She pulls me into the bathroom and starts the water. Eventually, I get into the water. It's so nice and warm and there are bubbles. Mister and Missus used to do this. Lya starts washing gently and then changes me into new clothes.

"Okay. All set. Ready?" I just nod again.

She picks me up and I start getting sleepy again.

Lydia POV

This morning has been interesting. I still cannot believe I brought a little girl home with me. I woke up and got her some breakfast hoping the fruit would go better than the oatmeal. She starts eating and looks happy. When I get a call.

"Yeah"

"Dia, where are you? You said you would come in the morning." I look at the clock and realize it is almost one in the afternoon. I guess we both needed to the sleep.

"My bad. Let me get her ready then we will be on our way."

I start getting her ready. She seems to be taking a liking to the strawberries. Noted. I put her in a bath and dressed her in some old spandex and sports bra. Luckily them seem to do the trick although a little big on her. I pick her up and head to the police station.

Once I get there I ask for Officer Roger. They let me go to his desk and I sit down with her sleeping on me. Roger comes over in a few minutes.

"Finally showed up. This is the girl?"

"No, she is a different girl I found on my way here" I tell him dryly. He just does an eyeroll to my response.

"Okay. Do you have her full name?" I just nod my head and decide I need to wake her up.

Once she is awake, I get a phone call and place her down in the seat.

"Hello?"

"Sorry Lydia, but we need you on this mission. I know you need to help the girl, but the officer should be able to take care of it."

"But--"

"Lydia."

"Fine. I'll be in an half and hour."

I walk back to Mia. She is looking at me and around the station. I walk up to her and tell her that I need to go do some work, but this man will help her find her parents and that I will be in contact with her soon. She starts crying to which I just hold her and tell her everything will be okay and that we will meet again soon. She nods and says see you later. I look at Roger and he just nods his head in understanding. I then take off.

---

Thoughts?

I hoped you liked it

Comment and Vote

Until Next Time...