Chapter 34

Francesco POV

When we got back from therapy, the boys immediately took her away asking her thousands of questions about our outing. Of course, she does not understand half of them, but she just nods her head and giggles here and there. 

"Boys!" I yell over them to get their attention. 

They all stop and I walk over taking Mia back into my arms. 

"I thought we discussed the other night you spending time with your friends?" I ask them with my eyebrow raised. 

"And we will--" Rocco tried saying before I cut him off. 

"Guys. We are happy you love spending time with Mia, but you still need to interact with people outside of the family." 

"Dad. We will. This time next week Mia will be off at summer camp and we won't be able to spend as much time with her. We just want to hang out with her as much as possible. Plus, who else is going to watch her when you're at the office with Leo?" Vince said taking Mia back into his arms. 

"Fine. However, it is time for Mia's nap. I gave her a quick lunch before we got back and I expect you all to follow her schedule because if I get back and she is in a grumpy mood. You'll--" 

"Okay okay. We got it" Enzo says cutting me off. 

I raise my eyebrow at his action, but before I could scold him I get a message from Leo asking how much longer until I will be at the office. I reply to him leaving the house now. 

"Saved by Leo," I tell him. 

I go over to Mia kissing her head and wishing her the best of dreams. I can tell she is sleepy as Vince slowly rocks her in his arms. 

...

I get to the office and see Leo yelling at our head of finance.

"WHAT ARE WE PAYING YOU FOR?! TO GET SCAMMED??" I hear him yelling as I get closer to our offices on the top floor. 

"S-sir, I-i" Tom, our head of finances, tries to respond 

"You-you are what not qualified for this job and should be fired?" Leo finishes his sentence, his voice filled with rage and annoyance. 

"I-i" He starts again. 

"Enough. If you want to keep your job, I suggest that you figure out where all the money has gone within a day--" Leo does not even finish his sentence before Tom is running out with a pile of folders in his hands looking scared. 

"And they say you're the nice one," I say entering the office. 

"Father, you're here. Fantastic. As you just witnessed, we are having some financial issues apparently." Leo says handing me some papers. 

Financial issues? I start reading the papers and I see that someone has been stealing money from the company and from what it looks like it is about two million dollars. 

"How were we not aware of this?" I ask looking at the dates that the money was transferred. 

"I don't know. Since Mia has been here, our priorities have shifted a bit so I decided to ask all of the departments to give me reports of any issues and information that may have gone overlooked in the past month. I was going over the finance report when I realized there was money unaccounted for in the report and had Tom look into and this is what he has found so far" Leo says a bit exasperated 

"I see. Do we have any leads of who or why?" I ask to look at other reports from the other departments to see if there is a pattern that we have been missing.