Chapter 21

Third Person POV

After the introductions with Mia, the parents went into the kitchen to help with finishing dinner, the older boys decided to stay in the living room catching up with each other and the younger ones all went to play with Mia in her playroom.

Mia was apprehensive in the beginning being with surrounded by all these unknowns but slowly started to trust them. She was able to convince Enzo, Vince, Rocco, Romeo, Matteo, Santo, Simone, Luca, and Emilio to all play tea party while getting them to help create crowns. It was an adorable site to see. Luckily, for the parents anyways, they were able to capture the moment through the camera taking pictures as they finished preparing dinner and catching up with each other, i.e reminiscing what it was like before children. 

While Antonio, Alessandro, Stefano, Marcello, and William were downstairs in their own bubble discussing topics about the mafia and their legal business. For example, the different training that the newbies are doing and how it can be improved and how to maintain their number one spot by continuing to be innovative. Leo, Nicolo, Samuele, and Oliver were discussing Mia and how she has been adapting with Leo providing billions of pictures he has taken. Then finally, the last group consisting of Santi, Silvio, Giovanni, James and Noah were discussing their individual studies and what they plan to do for the future.

Overall, everyone seemed to be getting along. Eventually, dinner was ready and everyone went to the formal dining room that fits the whole family and then some. The first dinner of every gathering, the hosts create a seating chart forcing the split of the groups as each parent and children are split from each other to ensure bonding of everyone. It truly is a great tactic and allowed this family to blend so well together with of course the exception of the grandmas sitting at each end of the table no matter what.

Unlike past years, everybody was vying for one spot, the ones next to Mia. Maria and Francesco couldn't be greedy with having her sit next to them or her brothers, so they did the next best thing, putting the two most terrifying people in the room after the grandmas next to her, the grandpas.  Although they were a bit hesitant about her anxiety, they were surprised to see Mia laughing and joking with both her grandpas. She was bringing a light that they have missed for the past four years.

The dinner went off without a hitch. Everyone was getting along and Mia was fitting in perfectly. She of course was still a little nervous, but enjoyed herself and felt this overwhelming safety that she was basking in. However, this would be the last sign of friendliness between families for the next 24 hours as 'Brain Day' was approaching meaning every family for themselves. Everyone knew that it would be slightly different from previous years as they have Mia, but knew that it would still be just as fun and competitive.

So once everyone finished their dessert and helped clean up the kitchen, they all wished each other a goodnight and a fuck you for the upcoming morning.

Mia POV

"Mia! Time to wake up and beat some -"

"Language!"

"Sorry... Mia, come on. Wake up!"

I open my eyes and see Ro-Ro and Vincey standing in front of my bed in matching colors. I look at the clock in habit and see it's 7:30am. Interesting, I don't usually wake up this early.

"Come on sleepyhead. You need to get dressed and eat some food before the events start!" Ro-Ro says before running out the door with his hand in the air.

"Geez, why I am related to him? Anyways, come on my luce we need to get ready for 'Brain Day'." Vincey said while picking me up and bringing me to the bathroom.