Chapter 26

Mia POV

I don't get it. Why does everyone have to leave? When I first asked Luca and Emilio to play basky with me and they said they couldn't I understood, but then all of my other cousins can't either and are leaving!!

When they told me all of them are leaving, I could only remember the first time Mister left me for a trip. I remember crying asking why he wasn't taking me and he just yelled at me saying how bad I have been and how he deserves a break from handling me all the time.

Those trips would be here and there. I still wanted to go with him, but stopped voicing my thoughts and just accepted defeat. I thought maybe just maybe if I tried harder with my family now they would stay, but they still left.

They showed me this way to contact them whenever. Something called facetime, but I need to have someone older with me so I can use their phone. Ugh. I wish they didn't leave.

Sleeping with Mama and Papa last night was nice. They both cuddled up to me telling me how much they loved me and how special I am. I really needed it, but something feels off about the nice things they said to me. Like it's not true...

During the night, I had a nightmare about Mama and Papa leaving me with Mister again and Mister laughing at me telling me no one loves me not even blood. I woke up screaming and crying. Luckily, my Papa was there.

I really love my Papa. He smells so nice and it helps me calm down. Not as nice as Mama, but still comforting. Mama smells like fresh spiced cookies while Papa smells like a forest with a hint of cinnamon. I think both of their smells complement them.

Right now, I am laying against my Papa in his office while my Mama talks to him. I am not really listening to what they are saying as Papa is rubbing my back soothing me to sleep. I'm being really clingy today but I just can't help it. I am so anxious about being left behind and not wanted. I am trying to embrace the warmth and kindness that my family can give me before it gets ripped away. By who? I don't know. Call it a feeling.

Mama comes and gives me a kiss before I hear her leave. I am too comfortable to ask where she is going. Suddenly the door opens again and I am being picked up. I look up and its Tony. I was hesitant about leaving Papa, but I love my bubbas too.

"Fiore, how are you feeling?" He asks me while rubbing my back.

I just nuzzle my head into his next sniffing him.

"I suppose that was my response, huh?" He says again.

I feel him walking then sitting. I take my head out of his neck for a second and see we are in the movie room.

"How about we watch a movie? I called the rest of our brothers here and they are bringing some snacks and blankets." He says again.

I just go back to laying on him.

"Love-bug, how are you feeling?" I hear Leo ask as he enter the room

I don't reply. Leo then asks if he can hold me and I nod. The rest of my brother except Santi enter the room kissing me on the head then finding a seat.

"What movie are we thinking?" Leo asks everyone.

"Wreck it Ralph"

"Lilo and Stitch"

"Turning Red"

I hear my brothers say. I hear them discuss which movie and why, but it gets cut off when a phone goes off.

"Hello.-" Tony answers.

"God-damnit. How did you let this happen!? I will be there in a 10!" He whisper yells into the phone.