Chapter 4

Mia POV

I woke up in a different place than last time. I look up and see Lya looking down on me when all of a sudden her phone starts to ring. I start looking around the place like last time, but notice a man next to me and lots of other desks and people.

Lya comes back to me and says she has to go. I don't know why but it makes me sad and I start crying. She hugs me and tells me that everything will be okay and we will see each other soon. She tells me that the man next to me will help find my parents and I start calming down. Then she leaves.

I look at the man in front of me. He look around the same age as Lya and a bit mean, but I am not gonna say anything to his face.

"Hi there sweetie. I am Danny. I am here to help you" He tells me, but I start getting anxious again and I pass out.

Officer Roger POV

Dia just left leaving me and this small girl here. I knew she had a job even though I do not support it, but I understand why she does it. I decided to try to talk to the small girl, but I guess I accidentally stressed her out and she passed out. But then I remember Dia telling me why that she had injuries so I decided to take her to the hospital.

At the hospital, I asked for a doctor and just told them that someone dropped this girl off at the station for me and said she had a lot of injuries and that she passed out when I was talking to her. Yes, I left out Dia in this conversation as I always do. It is just easier that way. They take the girl back.

A little while later they come back and tell me that she is severely malnourished and has quite a few bruises on her stomach and fresh cuts that happened they say in the past 24-48hours. I am left in shock and frustration on who would harm a young girl. I tell the doctor that I need a DNA testing on the girl to figure out who her parents are.

I visit the girl in her room. They told me the DNA testing will take a few hours and that she will wake up in a few hours as well. I decided to text Dia to keep her up to date with the girl. She was just as frustrated as me when it came to the news of Mia.

Few hours later

The doctor comes back and with the DNA and I start doing some investigation on what the hell has happened to this girl. I asked the doc why she has not woken up yet and they said that the trauma she went through has made her extremely exhausted as well as the lack of food that she has had. With that news, I decide to head back to the station to see if I can get any matches on the DNA.

Once at the station, I got zero luck; however, I decided to see if I can access international data set which I was able to thank you Dia for setting that up for me. And I just so happen to get a hit. It read: Mia Bianchi. Born December 2nd 2016 in Italy. Parents: Maria Bianchi and Francesco Bianchi. Reported missing January 15th 2018. Woah.

The Bianchi's are a powerful family that have business all throughout the world. They are not just powerful because of their wealth status but also because of the rumors surrounding them being involved in the mafia and other illegal businesses. But that is all it is. Rumors.

I cannot believe I just found the missing daughter of the Bianchi family. I wanted to call Dia to let her know about my discovery, but said only got the voicemail stating she will be unreachable for the next couple of days/weeks/months. Great. So,  I decided to make the call. First, I called Francesco Bianchi first, but only got to the voicemail, so I called Maria next and luckily she answered. It went like this.

"Hello, Maria Bianchi speaking"

"Hello, this is Officer Roger with the NYC PD and I wanted to call you about your daughter Mia Bianchi. She has been found and brought to Curlington Hospital for injuries.--"

"My daughter..."

"Yes, your daughter. We did a DNA test and ran it and just so happened to get a match with you and your husband. We are hoping that you would be able to come to meet her and answer a few questions"

"Of course. Curlington, correct?"

"Yes--"

"Great, I'll be over in an hour or so."

"See you then"

I would say that was the best outcome to the conversation. Now, I need to head back to the hospital and meet the social worker and her mother.

---

Thoughts?

Hoped you liked it
(Thanks for 135 reads and or viewers)

Comment and Vote
(thank you to those who have voted. I really appreciate it so here a new chapter)

Until Next time...