Chapter 32

Antonio POV 

before flight

I am a bit worried about the choices my parents announced the other night, but I know they wouldn't intentionally put Mia in harm's way. However, intentionally or not, I am not sure if I could forgive myself or them if something does happen to her with this new routine. 

I know that may seem selfish and cruel, but their job is to protect the children against the cruel world that we live in. While my job is to continue to protect and guide them once they are introduced to the world as the mafia Don. 

Although I am not challenging their ideas in front of everyone, I will discuss the possible consequence that will occur if anything happens to Mia. 

Unfortunately, I have to leave soon to catch my plane to Russia to discuss the issues revolving around the German Mafia. I know Mia starts her first day with her new therapist later this morning and I am quite pissed that I cannot be there for her, but this issue is just as important and she has everyone to support her... 

Well, that is what my parents said before telling me to go to Russia to deal with the issue. I could tell that Leo was upset during the family meeting about not knowing of Mia's sessions to help with her separation anxiety. He has been working just as hard as me to get a handle on the German situation and I know he is missing being around the family. 

She has been meeting with Uncle Dom to help, but our parents were finally able to decide on a therapist with the guidance of Santi and Uncle Dom. Her name is Iris Theo apparently graduated from Havard and Cambridge and specializes in children's trauma, but only time and a gun will tell. 

"Tony, let me know how the meeting goes with Maxim and if there is anything I can do to help." My father said while walking me out the door. 

"Will do. Update me on Mia if anything happens. I will rush--" 

"I know you will, son. Have a safe trip." 

Please let her meeting go well. 

Mia POV 

"Mia, honey wake up for me." I hear Mama's voice 

I start opening my eyes and I see her. I give a shy smile and try to fall back asleep. 

"I thought I would get a goodbye before I leave, but I guess sleep is more important." I hear another voice say and I pop my eyes open. 

"L-lya?" I murmur out. 

"Yep. I just wanted to say see you later. The trip I was telling you about a couple of days seemed to have moved up a couple of days and I need to leave right now. But I couldn't just leave with wishing you the best of luck with summer camp." She said smiling at me. 

"L-leave?" I start to whimper out. 

"Hey, hey. No tears. Remember, it's not a goodbye, but a see you later. I will be back." She tells me while hugging me. 

"P-promise" 

"Promise." She says while sticking her pinky out. 

I give her a confused looked. 

"Right, you have to lock your pink with mine. It means that there is no going back on the promise. A pinky promise." 

So, I do just that and she kissed her thumb and brought it up to mine. 

"See you later, buttercup." She says one last time while kissing me on my head. 

I feel a tear fall down my cheek but is quickly wiped away before it reaches the ground.