Chapter 9

A/N: TW: There will be mention of substance abuse, suicide and eating disorder. As well as mental illnesses

Antonio POV

I got home to see my dad in the kitchen with the twins. We wanted to spend sometime with the family so we decided to wrap up our day. Dad told us that Rocco and mom are out so I decide to head to my office to try to be a few days ahead of business for both the mafia and legal businesses.

About an hour after of working, I hear some yelling downstairs. It definitely was one of the twins and Rocco. They are each others best friends one moment and then each others worst enemies the next, but it works. I see them screaming at each other and our dad looking exhausted from listening from them even though I am sure he was only here a few minutes before me. I see where the short patience comes from.

I looked to my right and see Leo is also here watching them and rolling his eyes over the dramatics. I feel that.

We decide to handle it as dad is just over them. As we are dealing with it our dad tells us we need to head to Curlington Hospital. We all asked what happened in our own ways, but dad just ignores us and tells us to get into the car.

We all get in. I am in the passenger seats. We all just sit in silence as confusion is felt throughout the car at our dads sudden urgency and lack of information. I decide to ask him what happened again hoping for a better answer. He just responds with "Mia, is alive."

After that silence is engulfed throughout the car as we all process what he just said.

Mia, the youngest in the family and only girl is alive. I cannot believe it. We have been looking for her since she was taken, although we have gotten to some sort of normalcy we aren't the same without her. My Fiore (Flower). We are coming.

Leonardo POV

We are sitting in the car waiting for our father to respond to Tony. And what he says sends us all into silence. Mia, she is alive.

Those four words that were just spoken just changed everything. Since she has been gone, I have stepped up to be the loving brother to my siblings a person for them to speak to. Mia, although she was only one years old, she was the one we always talked to about whatever. Maybe it was because she was too young to understand or she was just happy that everything seemed like it would be okay. But when she disappeared, so did that outlet.

I, of course, went through my own depression and anger, but as I was always the calmest in my family, I was one of the first people to snap out of it. I did kill, screw, and did whatever I wanted for the first year and slowly broke from the spell the following year after that.

I cannot wait to reunite with my Ceci (Chick pea). To finally be able to hold her and watch her grow. Hopefully, she will love us.

Santi POV

She is alive.

Those words are the ones I have been waiting to hear for years. When she disappeared, I could not handle the loss like the rest of my family. I was in high school when it happened and took a very dark path. Unlike my brothers, I did not just kill people for the hell of it, but I got into drugs for a bit. And became addicted to them. Being in the mafia made it easy to get more.

I overdosed a few months after getting into it. For that brief moment my family snapped back to their normal selfs, but not too long after they went back to being depressed and distant. After that, I decided to get my shit together and decided to pursue medicine to help those with addiction and other mental health issues. I was still messed up in the head, but decided to channel it into something else becoming a fuck boy. Not my proudest moment, but I needed something that was just as fulfilling as drugs and it was sex.

Eventually, I stopped being a total man whore who did not care about who I slept with and their feelings. And got better at being more considerate, but the sweet boy who was semi-naive to the world was gone once she was gone.

But now, my Stella (Star) is back and cannot wait to see her.

Vincenzo POV

My Luce (Light).

She is back. My happiness.

I just sit there in shock processing that she is back. I look over at my twin and see he is doing the same thing.

When she was taken, I took it the hardest. I was the closest to her as she was able to calm me down as I have the worst anger issues in my family. Beforehand, I would just take it out on whatever furniture was near, but when our parents brought her home it felt like my heart just expanded.

But when she was gone, I just could not handle the loss and became numb to everyone even my own twin. The numbing feeling was only temporary and then I became anger and disappointed in myself. I was suicidal for a moment, but when Santi overdosed, I knew I could not do it. But I was still depressed and angry.

Now, we are only an hour away til I can see her.

Lorenzo POV

Finally, we get to see our baby sister again.

When she was first born, I was nervous about having a sister. I only had brothers and she was going to be a change. At the time, I did not realize she was going to be the change we all needed. She brought out laughter throughout the house. Although we did have fun as a family and cared about each other, she made us feel complete.

I was able to do kiddy activities with her without being judged for being childish. One thing we loved doing was arts. It was a great way for us to communicate even though she was barely one.

Once she was gone, I lost the love for art for a moment. They only thing I could paint with was blood. It was not exactly the cheapest paint as I had to give up part of my innocence before I was ready.

But, I found my way again with the help of my family and started using humor as a coping mechanism to bring up the spirits of the family. I got into art as a reminder of her to keep her alive in my life. She is my musa (Muse). Always.

Rocco POV

I start tearing up once my dad told us the news.

When our parents told us about being pregnant again, I was so happy to not be the baby of the family anymore and tease the new baby as my brother did me, but once she was born, I knew that I was going to be her best friend.

Although I was not the closest with her, I did share a great bond with her as I spent more time with her than anyone just because I wasn't as busy as everyone else. Let it be eating with her or just watching a show together. I adored her in every way.

When she was gone, my family could not deal with the grief and I was left to fend for myself for the first two years. Yes, I was 12 so I did understand the issue at hand, but I still needed guidance and love as I was entering puberty and was grieving myself.

Because of the neglect, my health deteriorated as I did not eat enough most days and it was a critical moment for growth. Because of that I was fairly weak in my early teen days. I did get better after the fact, but I stilled struggled with eating once my family started looking normal again.

She was so lively when she was younger no matter what. I cannot wait to see my Petardo (Firecracker).

---

Thoughts? Which brother do you like so far?

This was my favorite chapter to write so far. Hoped you enjoyed!

Also, I am going to try to post every Monday but I may post more than once a week. Who knows.

Comment and vote (Thank for the people who continue to vote and follow the story. Yay!! We made it to 1,000 reads!!! )

Until next time...