Chapter 27

Lydia POV

I can't believe I got caught. But looking back at the situation, I suppose everything was running a little too smoothly. I just thought Elias was stupid, apparently not. During the day of torture, he told me how he found out about and that he did believe my background story until he caught me slipping away to this sketchy area. Aka one of my check in points. After that, he kept close eyes on me and took me when I was sleeping. Ass-hat.

Who the fucks takes someone when they are sleeping?! Like come on. Were you that scared of a fucking fight.

Luckily, the following day was a check in day and my team was able to track me down and get me out. I am happy that that they got me out, but upset that I couldn't collect any information that could help with the finding their new location.

However, I am happy for this minor break. I will call Danny when we reach Maria's house to ask about Mia. I felt really bad about leaving her, but I knew Maria needed me on this mission. When I first met Maria, I was fifteen years old coming back from a fight and was beat up pretty badly when Maria found me.

She took me to her hospital and got me fixed up. I thought after that she would take me "home" and everything in my shitty life would go back to the way it was but I was wrong. Instead, she took me home with her and introduced me to her family. That was the first time I ever felt safe and welcomed.

She asked me about my past and I told her. No shock that I was abused; however, what really pushed me to be so shitty and angry at the world was the murder of my little sister. She was only 5 when she was killed because of that bastard and I had to suffer every day after because of his actions. But that enough sad talk for now.

Maria allowed me to stay with them and I did for a year until I went to the assassin academy. From there I strengthened my skills and became the best assassin the company has to offer. When I chose my name, I didn't want anyone to know my gender because too many people are sexist plus watching the shock as they realize a girl killed them never gets old.

I am happy with how my life has turned out so far. I don't have too many friends, but the ones I do are pretty fucking great and I have a family that cares for me more than my sperm and egg donor.

"I think you'll love the surprise!" Maria said with a smile on her face

"Oh really. Is it a new knife set?"

"Oh no. Nothing like that. You'll see."

She always likes to tease people about surprises. I think its the assassin in her. She was notorious for playing with her victims before slaughtering them. A true icon if I may so may self.

Anyways, we are about 15mins away from her house when her phone went off.

"Hello?" She says

"Ma, when are you coming back? M-" Enzo asked sounding exhausted

"Shh. Lydia is in the car. Don't ruin the surprise. What's wrong?" She said a bit worried.

"Oh hey Dia. You're gonna love the surprise. But, you know who is missing you and she is experiencing a lot of separation anxiety today. Dad is with her now watching a movie but she keeps asking for you-" Enzo starts but get cut off by noise in the background. We hear some mumbling then he comes back.

"Sorry, they just went upstairs for a nap. She exhausted herself earlier today when Tony and Leo left."

"Why did they leave? Everyone was supposed to stay with her unless it was an emergency. And that is good. We will be back by the time she wakes up and we can introduce her to Lydia."