Chapter 9

Meanwhile, when Jiya had walked out of the set crying to herself, Sai who was resting on her resting chair spread out under the umbrella, noticed her hurrying out of the set and wiping off her tears.

"Jiya!! " she called out.

Jiya closed her eyes dreaded. At this time she just wanted to hide herself somewhere and just vanish. And Sai was the last person she wanted to be with. She could not imagine how embarrassing her situation would be in front of an actress like her, that she was not able to give her first scene even in 3 hours.

"So I hope you are good at your work too" Sai's words rang in her ears.

However much she would have wanted to run but she cant ignore Sai calling her. She turned to face her and forced a smile.

"What happened... Come here " Sai said with narrowed eyes scrutinizing her face.

"Nothing ma'am, Just..." Jiya says as she walked to her trying to avoid the question.

"Your face looks strained... what happened?" Sai says getting genuinely worried.

"I dont know what to say, mam.. Its my scene... Its just not..." Jiya tried to find words that would tell her situation and still not be shameful for herself

"You mean that scene which you went for in the morning?" Sai says shocked and raising her eyebrows at her.

Jiya felt her face burn and tears threatening her even more.

"Okay... Forget that... Sit.. " Sai says feeling sorry for her.

Jiya sat down not knowing what else to do.

"See cool yourself down.. Its nothing that big " Sai said assuring her.

"But ma'am.. It had been 8 takes almost and I dont know what is going wrong with me" she says exasperated at herself trying to control herself.

"It happens.. after 2-3 takes person gets even more nervous and then it gets even more difficult to focus on the scene... " Sai says to her.

"I dont know... what I should do.." she said helplessly.

"I have heard you have done 2-3 films before..." Sai asked her.

"Yes but... They were not this big... They were normal films... but this is your film.. and Kapoor productions" she gets even more worried as she realised it even more hearing herself.

"See... I have been in this industry all my life... and trust me i have seen worse situations... I have seen people struggling for a scene for days... And for an artist, it shouldnt matter whom you are working for... Act for yourself... and the artist doesnt see that he is working for a billionare or a bankrupt... Its your art and you should do it for yourself.. and dont pressurize yourself because of me or the Kapoor Production.." Sai says trying to comfort her.

Jiya smiled at her hopefully.

" You are selected here because you can do the character... so be confident. Nobody has done you a favour. Now brace yourself.. get your make up done and be confident. Drink some juice, Hydrate yourself... and be confident about yourself..." Sai smiled at her.

"Thankss a lot Ma'am... You are amazing..." Jiya said thankfully.

Sai leannd back on her chair..." You can thank me later on... I know I am Good... NOW GO..." Sai said in an arrogant tone again

Jiya smiled amazed seeing the sudden change in her. She nodded her head smiling and went away.

Sai looked at her walking away and frowned at herself. However much she didnt want to but she couldnt stop herself from comforting Jiya. Acting was Sai's life and she just had to get it right from all the people around her. And moreoover Jiya's tear filled eyes had made her melt and she wanted to comfort her.