Chapter 18

Third update of the day !

Thank you so much for your comments, I am feeling overwhelmed and grateful 🙏🙏!

Your comments motivates me to give the chapter at earliest, so here it is!

More comments faster the next chapter!

Sai was sitting in a press conference as a promotional event for their movie. She was enjoying the attention and questions. And she had absolutely loved confusing the reporters in their own questions over the years.

"Virat Chawan... Yes... He is a great friend and colleague... But as you all say... Just friends changing to boyfriend, no friend, more than a friend, less than a friend... can all come with time... She said laughing as the reporter who had asked her the question about her new colleague Virat Chawan sat down confused as to what she wanted to imply and where he could add up the spices.

Sai was enjoying her questions and ducking them successfully. A reporter stood up and Sai looked at him in the same mirthful expression as she had been until now.

"Sai ji...We hope that your love story won't be tragic as many stars. What would you like to tell your fans about this.."

Sai was dumbstruck for a moment. Was her love life really going away? Would she face the same events? For a few seconds, she was lost in her own storm when the flash from a camera snapped her back to reality. She regained her composure and tried answering.

"Who says she had a bit of bad luck in love life... she had got so much of love from the whole country that even today we remember her as an important part of our industry. She sure was very lucky. And as for the love story... it's in our hands what we want to achieve... so as for my fans... I know they know that Sai has never played to lose..." She smiled sweetly at the end.

But even after replying to him so beautifully, she was herself lost in her thoughts. The comparison had made her shiver. She didn't want to lose the love f her life. She was not going to lose him. And she would have her love at all costs, she promised herself.

The days had passed by with Sai panicking and trying to figure out what she should do and how she should make sure if VC loves Jiya or not. She would panic every time thinking of them. She didn't want to lose VC. But how should she get him was what floated her mind.

VC on the other hand had wanted to call Sai but he was hesitant. Not knowing whether he should call her or not. He had been the one to initiate every time. Not that he had any ego in that but what if Sai doesn't want to talk. It was clear in the vanity that day that Sai wanted to keep a distance though she couldn't maintain that. And if she wants to stay away because of any reason or commitments that she might have made then he should help her.

The day for the launch party of their movie had arrived. And that meant they would have to meet. Sai was way too excited as she shrieked around her house trying to get ready to perfection and be on time. VC was feeling relieved and anxious at the same time. His first movie's launch was today, he was bound to get nervous and to top it he would be meeting Sai after 10 long days. How he had missed seeing her. Missed her glowing round eyes. Even when she had ignored him she looked so appealing. He had missed the child in her who would get amazed and agitated at small petty things but still present as if she was a composed sophisticated actress.

The evening arrived and VC had reached there. He met different personalities of the film industry who were invited for the premier. He was new to all of them but still, everyone was amazed at the level of confidence that he had. His attitude took a lot of actors and actresses by surprise. He seemed as if he had been in the industry for long. People around were impressed with him. But Virat's eyes just searched for one person. He wondered when would Sai come. He remembered Sai teaching him animatedly to arrive at least an hour late at gatherings and how that would show your value. His lips broke into a small laugh as he remembered her.