Chapter 16

Virat noticed that he was standing infront of Sai's Vanity door. He hesitated for a moment but decided to knock. The sound of knock made Sai jerk out of her trail of thoughts.

"I am not free right now..." she shouted irritated.

"Okay sorry" VC felt bad and turned to go away.

Sai was shocked to hear VC's voice and she ran to open the door.

"VC ...!" she called out.

He turned to look at her as her disappointed face lightened up.

"You are stupid... You should have told me its you... " she said feeling bad that she had shouted VC to go away.

"I thought you were busy " he said shrugging.

"That was not for you..." she said as if tired of his stupidity.

Virat noticed her tear strained face and red eyes. He got worried suddenly.

"Sai.. Are you okay?" he asked tensed.

"What happened to me?" she asked confused as seeing VC she had herself forgotten that she was crying some time back.

"You were crying? " he asked frowning at her. He couldnt help but feel angry.

"Come on in VC" Sai everted the topic and turned away inside the van. He entered behind her. She went to sit on her chair and started applying make up to hide her dejected face.

Virat looked at her with displeasure as he sat at the chair nearby.

Sai was feeling awkward that VC wasn't speaking anything. She finished her touch ups fastly and turned to VC with a smiling face.

Virat was looking at her furiously even though she was smiling widely.

"I can still see those tears on your face..." he said angrily.

Sai's smile vanished as she got uncomfortable and looked here and there.

"What happened? Why aren't you putting more of it..." he said gesturing towards her make up kit.

Sai looked at him guiltily. "Leave it VC... Please " she pleaded.

"I don't know why you want to hide everything from me... I feel like a stranger to you again... I had thought we are friends... But now I realise that I was wrong...

A superstar would be a Superstar... I was stupid to have thought that I could be friends with you.." he laughed at the last part as if laughing at himself.

"VC please dont say that... I am just confused... I am not able to figure out myself..." she said helplessly.

Virat looked at her pleading eyes and decided to avert this topic. " I dont know Sai what it is that you are behaving like this. I would have been happy if you told me... but what else can I do... I cant push you for it... But whenever you want you can tell me" he said in a serious tone. Sai just smiled at him.

"So... How come you are here? " Sai tried to lighten the mood as she smiled widely.

Virat was confused what to say. Even he didnt know why or when he came there. VC looked around as trying to search for an answer. And he even got it.."well... I was thinking that today is the last day and who knows when we would meet again" he said with grief.

Sai's smile dropped at that.

"So I just remembered that I was with you all these days but I didn't take your autograph..." he gave her a nervous empty smile as he forwarded their movie poster to her.

Sai was stunned to hear.. she looked at him with tear filled eyes. She looked down at the poster a smile came on her face.

"You would be a bigger star urself soon... Why do you want my autograph.." she teased him.

"Ohh You can take my autograph too in that case... " he said playfully.

They both broke into a laugh but it was as painful as those tears that threatened their eyes. She took the poster from her and signed it. As she did that she saw herself in Virat's arms and couldn't help but wish that they could be that way forever in real.

"Thank you Sai Mam" he said as he took the poster back while Sai grinned cheekily.

"Come on.. Now my autograph..." she said as she pulled him by his hand and VC got confused.

"Are your papers so big that I would have to go to them " he teased her.

"Here..." she pointed at the wall in front of her mirror. Virat looked at her confused.

"where?"

Sai forwarded him the marker and pointed at the wall again.

"Ooo... on the wall... Think again Sai... You will not be able to forget me even for a minute then... It will be in front of your eyes too much.. " he said smiling teasingly.

"Thats not a problem.. This wall I had decided to have messages from my friends to be written..." she said..

"But there's nothing on it " he said teasingly.

"Yup cz I didn't have any friends before" she said

Virat looked at her for a second and then started to write on the wall. He signed on the wall and thenn drew some twisted lines.

Sai looked at the wall with narrowed scrutinizing eyes and then looked at him with a confused and blaming expression.

"You didn't tell me you knew this strange god forsaken language" She said frowning as she turned back to the wall trying to make out what he was doing.

Virat smiled seeing her. She was again that same Sai whom he loves like mad. "This is not some god forsaken language. Its normal English"

"VC, I know people believe that I didn't go to school because of the film line but that doesn't mean that I really haven't read. I know English" she said still trying to deciphere the codes which seemed like some ancient script.

"You are funny... Remember I told you I am an Architect.. What I didnt tell you was that my area of interest was Calligraphy which I worked on during my study. So this is just a twisted way of writing my mesaage to you."

"But how will I read it if its written like this" Sai said panicking as she realised that it was some message from Virat and she couldn't evenn read it.

"Well... I think the day you Open your eyes you would be able to read it. And if still not then I would come to tell you what the message is." He smiled as he capped the marker and handed it to Sai who was looking at him confused.

"What you say is sometimes as confusing as what you have written here" she said to him frowning as she kept on glancing the wall to deciphere the codes written on it.

"Calm down Sai... You can read it later on.. and stop looking at that " he said smiling as he shook his head at her.

"Yeah I am calm..." she said exasperated clearly contradicting her statement as she still looked at the wall through the corner of her eyes.

"So... When will we be meeting the next time or should I say Will we be meeting again?" he asked as he smiled.

It somehow hurt Sai deep. " Why would u say that? We will meet for sure.." she said almost screaming.

"sure... Amm I think I should go now... " he seemed half heartedly.

"Why are you talking like this. We would meet. This industry isnt that big." she said getting panicky.

"How would we meet later on when you have already walked over our friendship..." he said with piercing complaining eyes.

"VC ... I... see " she tried to find something meaningful to explain her feelings.

"Sai...I understand that you work with a lot of people and you have been maintaining a professional relation with all of them. And I am not expecting more" he said sternly and walked past a dumb struck Sai who found her tongue lost somewhere down her throat

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

*+:。.。Like Aim: 60+ 。.。:+*.