Chapter 24: a sleepover again?

Rose p.o.v

I hated her. I hated her so much. Miss Olivia was the most stupid person in this world, even more mean and stupid than Max. Daddy often organized playdates for me so he could spend time with her. 

What about me? 

He didn't tell me having a girlfriend would take up so much of his time. And whenever he wasn't spending his time with her he would be busy with his stupid work. 

I was fuming with anger. She needed to be gone, stupid miss Olivia. 

Today I had to go to Ellis and Anna again. I really liked them, but I would rather spend my day with Daddy. For days he had promised me to go to the park for exploring, but every time I asked he said something came up. 

Little me always wanted to throw a tantrum, but big me stopped me from doing that. She always told me how generous Daddy was by letting me stay here and helping me to get off the streets. 

It did become harder to stop myself as Daddy didn't follow up his promises. He always told me the importance of following up on your promises and it was weird he didn't. 

Daddy was so busy that often Stella helped me with getting ready for the day when I was feeling too small to do it. I loved Stella, but I would rather have Daddy do it. 

All these things made him so distant to me and I hated that. I hated we couldn't cuddle, snuggle and nap together anymore. That we couldn't watch movies or cartoons together, couldn't draw or paint together. 

I missed Daddy and that was miss Olivia's fault. She needed to go or...or I would go. 

A stray tear made its way down my cheek. It made me so frustrated. 

As I wiped my tear away Stella came into my room holding a luggage bag in her hand. "Do I have a sleepover again?" I whined. My hands started to tug on my hair, I really did not want to go.

"I am sorry sweetheart, but yes I am afraid so." 

I let myself fall on the bed and buried my face in the mattress. I didn't want to stay the night at Anna's. I never liked to sleep somewhere else than here in my own room and own bed.

"You will be back before you know it, sweetie. I promise." Stella tried to comfort me as she sat down next to me. I didn't buy it. Promises, promises are just synonyms for lies. 

I sighed deeply and didn't move from my spot on the bed. The hell with them. I didn't want to go. I want to stay home. 

"Come on, help me pack so you can choose your favorite stuffies and pajamas to take with you to Ellis and Anna." Stella patted my back and got up. 

"No, I don't want to." 

"Rose, you will have so much fun that time will fly by, and then tomorrow arrives without even knowing. Come on, can you be my big helper." 

"That does not make any sense and no," I mumbled. 

Stella sighed and left the room. I knew where she was going. I couldn't care. Just let me stay here, was all I could think of. The worst thing of it all was that I overheard Daddy talking to Ellis and she was saying that Nathan and Max would come to. 

Max and I didn't leave on good terms and I didn't want to see him. He was so mean to me. 

I heard multiple footsteps nearing me and soon the door to my room was opened followed by a short knock. 

"Knock, knock princess. What's going on here?" Daddy hummed. 

I stayed silent. 

"Baby girl, why don't you help Stella pack your bag?" His tone was getting more serious.