Chapter 8: cold

Rose p.o.v

After the nightmare, I completely slipped into my little headspace. I didn't want to be reminded of my past, I just wanted peace. Daddy was very careful with me that day. We played together and watched a movie. It was called The Lion King. When I told him I had never seen the movie nor heard of it he said I had to watch it. Now it was my favorite movie, I really liked Timon and Pumba they were so funny! 

Apparently, it was also Daddy's favorite movie, still until this day so we could watch this movie a lot together

Apparently, it was also Daddy's favorite movie, still until this day so we could watch this movie a lot together. Which made me really happy of course. 

The next night I didn't have a nightmare because I could sleep in Daddy's bed and he promised to protect me against the mean dreams. I woke up in his arms and snuggled further into his chest. Daddy was very muscular and his muscles were very hard, still, it was nice to lay on with my head. When Daddy noticed my movement he woke up as well. 

"Morning, sweetie," he said with a raspy voice. I just hummed to him. 

"Haha, well good morning to you too, " he said while he started to sit up and put me in his lap. I  struggled because I didn't want to wake up yet. 

"Now, now no need to get moody, I think somebody needs a visit from the tickle monster, arrrggghh!" 

"No, Daddy, NO!" I giggled. He tickled me until I finally sat up. 

"Look there is that smile I love so much. Come let's change you and get some food in that tummy of yours." 

I laughed at him, "you so silly Daddy!"

"Oh am I silly now? Well, perhaps the tickle monster has to visit you again, arrrggh!"

I giggled and squealed in his arms again. When we reached my room he finally stopped and put me on my changing mat. He checked my diaper, which was soaked, and started changing me. 

"Good girl, using your diaper for daddy." He kissed my forehead and got some clothes for me. He got me a Lion King themed shirt with baby pink overalls. I was really happy with his choice then after that he made one braid of my hair and took me on his hip again, walking downstairs. As we entered the kitchen we were greeted by Stella. 

"Goodmorning sir, good morning Rose!" 

Stella looked happy and energized as she was preparing breakfast. "Goodmorning Stella," Daddy greeted as he walked over to the kitchen island to put me in my high chair. Just when I wanted to wish Stella a good morning too I started to cough like crazy. Daddy rushed towards me and started to pet my back to help me a bit. Yesterday I coughed from time to time and right now it seemed that it had worsened. My nose started to run as well as I started sniffing. 

"Oh, dear are you alright?" Stella asked concerned. I nodded my head, trying to ease Daddy a bit because he looked worried. 

"Are you really alright sweetheart?" Daddy put his hand on my forehead to check if I had a fever.