CHAPTER 49

Today was meant to be like any normal day. Instead, this morning, Jungkook'a life nearly ended. his heart almost stopped, his world stopped spinning and he saw a world with no one.

He was in his class when he got  the news. Three victims, a bloody attack, one cop down, two others injured.

he was taken out of class, hands shaking, body frozen, mind spiraling.

It wasn't until he faced Taehyung and hoseok that reality hit. he lost it when Hoseok explained everything to him that Mr jeon was one of the victims who got hurt.

Taehyung passed two red lights trying to get them to the hospital as soon as can and now here they were, waiting for any doctor to give them news about mr jeon

"I'm sure he's fine, Kook," taehyung squeezed the younger's hand but the younger couldn't feel a thing. He was not in his right state of mind "He's stronger than he looks."

"W-What if he's the o-one who didn't make it?"Jungkook's voice cracked. "What if the doctors are stalling because they don't know what to tell us?"

"He's not dead." Hoseok said, anger was visible in his voice. "They would have told us at the college, just stop talking."

Jungkook complied he stopped talking. he sat there with Taehyung as he rubbed the younger's back and tried to keep him from shaking too much. Hoseok sat next to Taehyung, arms crossed, leg shaking up and down as he stared off into the distance, tried not to break down at any time soon . he knew he needed to me calm besides he had faith in his dad... Mr jeon was a fighter and fighter's never looses hopes .

"What's taking them so long?" Taehyung began to get impatient. "I'm going to go ask one of the nurses, I'll be back."

"No," Jungkook grabbed him before the elder could get up. "D-Don't leave m-me, stay here, p-please."

Jungkook managed to say in between his sobs.

"Okay, okay I'm right here." He ran his fingers through the younger's hair as the younger's head laid on his shoulder.

"P-Please, don't leave me, Tae." Jungkook cried.

"Shh, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere."

Two hours later and a doctor had finally told them the news. everyone let out tears of joy, Jungkook felt like he could breath now ..

Mr jeon was well and alive. He was in surgery while we had been waiting. A shot through his shoulder, the bullet went in and out. The bad news was, the officer that didn't make it was one of Mr joen's friends, Mr kang.

Taehyung waited in the waiting room meanwhile hoseok and Jungkook stood outside mr jeon room's door, waiting for the okay to go in.

Once the doctor allowed them in, Jungkook wiped his tears away and frowned as he saw mr jeon lying in bed, cast around his shoulder down his arm.

"Hey, guys." Mr jeon smiled as soon as he saw them coming towards him. He looks as though he didn't just get shot.

"I thought we lost you." Jungkook began crying again. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"You can't get rid of me that easy." MR jeon joked.

Silence filled the room.

Hoseok and Jungkook looked at each other. they knew they had to tell him about Mr kang. The younger just didn't want to be the one to break the news to mr jeon.

"So, how's the shoulder? It is paining much ?" Jungkook asked in concern, sitting on the chair beside mr jeon's bed.

"Eh, just a little sore. ." He chuckled.