Chapter 9 |Little Ballerina|

River has been ignoring me for the past week

River has been ignoring me for the past week. I tried texting her, calling her and I even tried to Gmail her. She either has left me on read or hasn't responded to me. If for some reason she does respond she only says less than a sentence to me.

Sweat beads my body as I finish practicing in the rink. Once I step out of the rink I untie and slide my skates off before heading to the showers with my bag hanging off one of my shoulders.

When the warm water hits my skin I sigh feeling the stress leave my body. My mind wanders to River again like it has been all week.

Classes finished about three or so hours ago. So it's only me in here and probably the janitor. Once I'm done with my shower I dry my wet hair and body before throwing on a white shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants before walking out of the locker room.

As I'm walking done the hallway I see light coming from the ballet room. I make my way towards the door before looking into the small window. I see River dancing.

𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙.

I smile seeing her like this in her own world. She dances not just with her body but with her soul too. I slowly open the door so I don't startle her. I lean against the door frame with my arm crossed over my chest as I admire the girl in front of me.

She is dressed in shorts with a sports bra. When she finishes she turns to grab her water bottle and lets out a small squeal when she sees me.

"Fucking Fucktard!" She shouts as she places her hand on her heart as she tries to calm her breathing. I chuckle at her reaction before walking fully into the room, closing the door behind me as I set my bag down and take a seat on the floor.

"Did you just call me a fucktard?" I ask, raising a brow at her as she rolls her eyes at me.

"What are you doing here Noah?" She says instead of answering my question.

"I was practicing and was about to leave until I saw the light on and decided to see who was in here," I told her honestly.

She nods at me before sitting down on the floor and starts to take off her ballet shoes. We sit in silence until I am the one to break it.

"Why are you ignoring me?" I ask the question that has been bugging me all week.

"I haven't been ignoring you!" She argues

"Yes, you have!" I reply back

"No, I haven't, I have just been busy!" She says trying to convince me. She gets up to grab her ballet bag.

"Yeah busy ignoring me," I mumble as I scratch the back of the head and look away to hide my smirk as she plops down onto the floor across from me.

She sighs rolling her eyes as she takes a sip of her water. My gaze shifts to her lips thinking about how it felt to have them on mine.