Chapter 31 |River's Note|

Hello River, I know you were not expecting a letter from me. You must be thinking to yourself  'I only met this lady once'. You are someone very special in my son's life, so I needed to tell you some things I may never be able to.

Noah had never brought any girl home to us. So, for him to not only let us meet you but for him to bring you into his childhood home. It felt amazing to see my son like this because I never thought this would happen.

He always said that he had done this because he was waited for someone special. You my dear is that special someone. My son has always put family first, he was always there trying to pick up and fix whatever damage that was going on.

As much as I love him, I wished that he didn't always put us first. I thought that if he always put us first that he might never get the life that he deserves. When my son called me and started to talk about you to me, tears filled my eyes.

He would describe you from how you looked all the way down to the sound of your laugh. Now, I just wanted to say, thank you. Thank you for bringing out a side of him I didn't think existed.

You let him open up that vulnerable side to you and he had promised himself that he would let no one see that side. There's this saying that my mother had said to me. I've never told anyone this but my husband.

'When you meet that special person, you would know by the way they look at you. The saying goes you can look at that person like they are your world but they would look at you like you are their universe'

I didn't believe her until I found my husband and I didn't tell Noah that because I wanted him to find that person first and sweetheart you are that person. When it's time you show him this letter for me, okay?

When I met you, the first thing I noticed was how you two looked at each other. You looked at him as if he was your world but he looked at you like you were his universe.

If you two don't work out, that's okay. Just don't break each other. Noah had called almost in tears because he thought he did something wrong when he tried to confront you about the dance.

Please apologize for that if you two are back together. You both should use your communication as much as you can. It was the only thing that had helped my husband and I survive each other for over 25 years.

I have to go now but please remember what I told you. Goodbye sweetheart. If you two last together then I want you to know that you are an amazing person and I love you.