Chapter 38 |Rainy Day|

I sit on my bed with a romance book in my hands as Noah lays his head on top of me while he sleeps and I run my fingers through his hair

I sit on my bed with a romance book in my hands as Noah lays his head on top of me while he sleeps and I run my fingers through his hair. We lay in the dimly lit room while rain patters against the window.

My eyes follow the words on the pages as my mind makes a movie in my head. It was silent. It was peaceful. I take my eyes off my book and lower them onto the sleeping person on top of me.

His breaths were even as he slept. I smile softly at him as I think to myself. I got my own romance book. He looks beautiful as the moonlight hits him. Our friends were going to come over soon.

There is supposed to be a huge thunderstorm starting tonight all the way until tomorrow night. All our classes were canceled due to it. The girls and I offered to stay at the guys place but they didn't want us to drive in this weather.

So, they were coming here. Noah was already here because he had stayed over the other night. It's been a week or more since he had gotten sick and he was back to one-hundred percent again.

I snap out of my thoughts as I hear a huge sound of lightning and the sound of thunder comes soon after. Noah jumps a little at the sound of the lightning. "It's okay," I say softly as I run the tip of my nails against his bare back to calm him down.

Noah relaxes into my touch, he lets out a soft sigh as he pulls the covers up to cover his face. He rolls onto his back and tilts his head towards me. "Hi, beautiful," He whispers to me while taking my hand and placing a kiss on my knuckles.

"Hi, baby," I reply with a small smile. Our special is interrupted by a loud voice coming from the front door.

"These are my new shoes!" Greyson whines. Noah lets out a deep breath before he gets up and the bedroom door. I set my book down and put on some sweatpants.

When I walk out of my room, I am greeted by 3 men drenched in wet clothes. How the fuck did they get so wet? Did they fall in a fucking pound on their way here or something?

"I told you they would get messed up!" Leo scolds Greyson. Roman takes a step towards me to give me a hug but I give him a death glare as if to tell him that if he hugged me I would suffocate him with a pillow.

"Okay, this is what we are going to do. I want all three of you outside in the hallway. Take off your shoes and place them on the shoe rack out there." They do what I say and step out the dorm. They each stand in the hallway and take off their shoes.

I wait for them to finish before I start speaking again. "One at a time to come in and carefully walk to the bathroom. Nora places things for you to use in there earlier. There is a bin outside the door and put your dirty clothes in there." I tell them.

After about 5 minutes of arguing they finally let Leo go first. I watch as Greyson and Roman shiver in their cold clothes as Leo showers. When he's done, they do three games of tic-tac-toe to see who would go next.

Romans wins and happily waddles to the bathroom. He takes a longer shower than Leo probably just to make Greyson wait longer. Once he's done, Greyson is last. Rose comes out of her room with board games and Nora comes out with movies.

As I make dinner for all of us, Noah rests his head on my shoulder and his arms wrapped around my waist as I cook. We watch our friends do a karaoke battle. Rose and Nora sing 'U + Ur Hand' by P!nk while Greyson and Roman sing 'Just the Way You Are' by Bruno Mars.

Leo laughs at them as he plays the judge of the battle. Noah and I watch with smiles on our faces as our friends sing and laugh with each other. As I wait for the food to finish cooking, I lean into Noah's hold.

Noah places a soft kiss on my temple and whispers something so gently into my ear. "You're the most beautiful person I have ever seen," A blush forms on my cheeks at his words. "I know," I say, biting my lower lip to hide the smile on my lips.

When the food is done, I put the Spanish rice and beans I made onto plates. Noah helps me give everyone a plate. We all take a seat somewhere in the living room.

After we're all done eating, we discuss what movie to watch. As we are about to press play on the movie, the power shuts off. We get emails from the school telling us that there is a power outage all around campus.

Rose pulls out the board games that we can play while Noah goes and gets flashlights from the kitchen. We decided to play twister first then the game 'Smart Ass' next.

I spin the spinner and tell Nora to put her left foot on blue. Her and Roman were the ones to volunteer to go first. Nora was in a back bend with Roman under her in a push up position.

When Roman stretches his leg out so that he can move his foot to the next color, Nora falls on top of him. He falls and hits his forehead onto the floor. He groans and holds his head in his head as Nora gets off of him and starts to apologize. 

Nora gets him an ice pack and apologizes nonstop to him even after he tells her that he is fine. We laugh at the red bulb forming on Romans forehead. After a couple more rounds we started to play the game 'Smart Ass'.

We play a couple rounds until we have a winner. I go into my room and get blankets and pillows for whoever is sleeping on the couch. Roman and Leo sleep on the pull out bed in the living room. Nora sleeps in her room while Greyson and Rose sleep in Rose's room.

Noah and I sleep in my room. I cuddle into Noah's side as he plays with my hair. I look up to admire him as I feel his breathing even and see him fast asleep.

"I love you," I whisper to him as I move a strand of hair out of his face. I love him. It didn't take me long enough to figure out these feelings I have for him.

 It didn't take me long enough to figure out these feelings I have for him