Epilogue |I made it, mom|

Three Years Later

Three Years Later

It's been three years. River and I have now finished college. River is a ballet teacher and she sometimes runs my moms bookstore when she has time. I thought that she would go pro for ballet but she decided that she couldn't do professional ballet instead she wanted to teach it.

My job on the other hand was about to be decided right at this moment. "Hello?" I say as I answer my phone. I wipe my sweaty palms against my pants, my anxiety is through the roof right now.

"Hey Noah, so I have some good news." My agent says from the other end of the phone.

"What's the good news?" I ask him as I try to keep my excitement down. I was home alone at the moment, River was at her studio teaching one of her ballet classes.

"Well the Boston Bruins want to sign you." My agent states and I feel my body freeze as I clap a hand over my mouth and tears start to flood my vision.

"Really?" I ask him in disbelief, still believing that I had imagined his words.

"Really. I'm going to let you go to celebrate with your wife, okay?" He says and we say a quick goodbye. River won't be home until later on, so I'm going to visit someone first before I tell her.

I grab my keys and make sure I have everything on me before I head out of our house. I unlock my door and get the car started. It's a 20 minute drive to my destination. When I finally arrive I park my car and head to a certain spot.

'𝖨𝗇 𝖫𝗈𝗏𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖬𝖾𝗆𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝖮𝖿 𝖠𝗎𝗋𝗈𝗋𝖺 𝖧𝖺𝗒𝖾𝗌
1968 - 2022'

My mothers grave was laid right in front of me. I bend down and run my hand over it. "Hi, mom." I say to her as if she was really there. I really hoped she was. "I made it, mom. I made it to the NHL and I will be playing for my dream team." I tell her with a soft smile on my lips.

Mom always wished for me to achieve my dream. I wished she was still here to see me achieve it. "I miss you," I whisper to her and a tear falls from my eye onto my cheek. I quickly wipe it and tilt my head up to the sky to make sure no other tears fall.

I spend the next couple of hours talking to her, telling her how everything has been and I make sure not to leave anything out.

~~~~-

When I was back into River and I's house I smelled food being cooked. I walk into the kitchen and lean up against the Frame of the door. River stands in front of me making food while she hummed along to the song playing from her phone.

She must have gotten home a while ago since she was dressed in a white spaghetti noodle tank top and a pair of grey underwear. Her just wearing underwear was something she just started doing at first she did it as a joke but she soon started to do it because of how free she felt.

Her hair was loose as she started to dance along to the song. She looked absolutely breathtaking. "Hi, beautiful." I greet and she jumps at my voice before spinning around with a wide grin on her face. "Hi," She greets back and leans against the counter.

I see her look over my face and her grin turns into a frown at the tear stains on my face. "Everyone go okay with your mom?" She asks me. Every time I come back from the cemetery, River always asks me how it went.

"Everything is great. Actually I have some news." I tell her and I see curiosity form in her eyes. She turns around and flips the empanadas before turning back to me. "Good news?" She asks me and I nod my head.

"I will be playing for the Boston Bruins." I tell her and I watch her expression closely. Her eyes widen as she smiles at me. I see tears form in her eyes as she claps a hand over her mouth.

"You're playing for the NHL?" She asks and I nod my head as more tears start to fall from her eyes. She screams and runs to me. I stand up straight and catch her as she jumps into my arms. She wraps her legs and arms around me as I spin her sound in my arms.

"I'm so proud of you." River says when she finally pulls her head away from the crook of my neck. I grin at her as I wipe away the tears off her cheeks and lean in to kiss her.

"I also have a surprise for you." River says as she pulls away and gives me a nervous look. I set her down and she quickly turns off the stove before telling me to take a seat and that she has to grab something.

I nod and do as she says. After a minute or two she walks back into the kitchen with a small box in her hands. River carefully sets it down in front of me on the kitchen island. "Okay, you can open it." She tells me and I start to slowly pull the top of it off.

When I finally get it off I unwrap the paper around it and see a white stick laying inside. I look up at River with wide eyes before picking it up. 'Pregnant' it read. "You're pregnant?" I ask River as I look up at her.

"I'm pregnant," River says with teary eyes. I get off the chair and walk towards her. I take her face into my hands and place a kiss on the tip of her nose. When I pull away I smile softly at her as I run my thumb over her cheekbone.

"I promise you, I will be an amazing father to our kid." I whisper to her and my beautiful wife looks up at me lovingly.

"I know you would be an amazing father," She says, agreeing as she goes on her toes and places a kiss on my lips. No matter how many years pass, I know I will always love the woman in front of me for many lifetimes to come.