Chapter 40 |Autumn|

"Autumn," I tell Noah

"Autumn," I tell Noah. The little orange kitten now known as Autumn was playing with the sleeves of my dress, I smiled down at her as I pet her fur.

Noah had planned a special night for us. We had dinner and watched the full moon. He had confessed his love for me and he had given me this little bundle of joy in front of me. Right now I was sitting criss cross on our bed in this uncomfortable dress.

"Why Autumn?" Noah asks me as he is sprawled out on his back. He reaches over and picks up Autumn and places her on her chest. He was still in his suit, one hand was petting Autumn while the other moved to play with my fingers.

"That's the season we met," I answered him. I wanted to name her after something sort of meaningful to us. We met in October during the fall season and if it wasn't for him failing two classes and if he didn't need to get his grade up for the fall finals then we wouldn't have met.

"It's getting late, can I accompany you to a bath?" Noah asks as he looks down at his watch. He gets up off the bed and places Autumn down on the floor. I watch as Noah straightens his back and holds out his hand to me as he starts to unbutton his shirt with one hand.

I smile at him and happily take his hand. Noah pulls me to him when I finally stand up. His eyes drift from mine and land on my lips. I wrap my arms around his neck and tilt his head down with my fingers.

"I love you," I whisper against his lips and before he can respond I place my lips on his. When I pull away the smile on his lips could kill. The look in his eyes held love and admiration.

"I love you," Noah replied. We pull back and go into the bathroom, I watch as Noah gets the bathtub ready and takes out everything we need. Well, everything I need.

He grabs my makeup wipes from the cabinet and all my nightly skincare products with them. Noah grabs our towels and folds them near the sink. "Get in, I'll be right back." He says to me as he leaves a kiss on my temple.

I hear our bedroom door close as I start to slide off my dress and underwear. I hear the bathroom door crack open and I see a little paw clawing at the bottom corner of the door to open it. I let out a chuckle as I walked over to the door and let Autumn in.

She meows at me while she rubs against my bare legs. I carefully start to get into the bath and when I sit down I pet Autumn's fur as she rolls on her back while on the floor.

I look up when I hear the door open and I see Noah walk in with two wine glasses and a wine bottle. He sets everything down near the sink and starts to undress in front of me.

I watch as he starts to unbutton his dress shirt, his blazer was discarded long ago. Noah was a sight that was breathtaking no matter how many times you've seen it. His eyes never leave mine as he starts to pull down his pants and boxers.

"Not in front of the children," I tell him innocently as I cover Autumn's eyes. Just like that, the tension disappears as Noah can't help but let a laugh escape his mouth.

Noah finishes taking off his close before pouring some wine into both glasses and handing me one. He slowly gets in and takes a seat opposite of me in the tub. I pull my eyes to my chest as I wait for him to be comfortable before I drape them over his stretched-out legs.

Noah scoots up a little to be closer, I take a sip out of my glass as he runs his hand up and down my thigh. I see Autumn walk out of the bathroom to go play with her toys.

I trace over the small tattoo on Noah's wrist. He had gotten it recently so it still had the wrapping around it. He had gotten a tattoo of gladiolus flowers on his wrist. Noah had a handful of tattoos in random places on his body.

For example, he has a smiley face on one of his fingers and has '𝖤𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝗀𝗎𝗂𝗅𝗍𝗒 𝗈𝖿 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀' tattooed on his thigh. This one was different though, this one held meaning to it. "What's the meaning behind this one?" I ask him softly.

I can feel his eyes on me as I admire the beautiful drawing imprinted on him. "It's for my mom, gladiolus were her favorite flowers." He replies. I look up and see him looking down at the tattoo.

"They are beautiful flowers aren't they?" I say. My dad had bought my mother many flowers throughout the years. My mother started to pick up a hobby in gardening and would learn about different types of flowers.

She often would tell me what certain ones meant as I helped her garden. I remember one time I had asked her what type of flower we were gardening that day. She replied with gladiolus. I asked what they meant and she said strength.

"Do you know what they mean?" I ask him and he shakes his head. I let go of his wrist and scoot closer toward him and wrap my arms around his neck. If I scooted closer towards him I would be sitting on his lap.

"They mean strength," I tell him. Noah's arms wrap around my torso and I slowly feel him start to massage my lower back. My body fully relaxes in his arms and I lean forward and lay my head on his chest.

Comfort. That's what I felt in his arms, comfort. "You're so beautiful," Noah murmurs into my hair as he places a kiss on my head. I tilt my head up so that my chin rests on his chest.

"I know," I exclaim with a teasing smile. He leans down and kisses me. I feel his hand go to my ass and pull me closer to him. I lift my head and deepen the kiss.

I moan softly into his mouth as he bites my bottom lip. I rock my hips against him as things start to get heated. A soft meow breaks us apart, I pull away and stare into Noah's eyes before I look down next to the bathtub and I see Autumn looking up at us.

Her eyes were so big and curious, that I let out a laugh and turned my head to bury it in the crook of Noah's neck. "Cockblocker." Noah says to Autumn and I playfully smack his chest.

As we get out of the tub and start to get ready for bed, I tell Noah about a book I had started last night. He watches as I get dressed and listens to me while I speak. He asks me questions here and there about the book to show that he was listening.

He had gone downstairs and cleaned up while I was doing my skincare. Right now we were laying in bed, I laid between his legs as he massaged my shoulders. I trailed my nails up and down his arms as he told me about how everything helped with setting up.

"I love you,"