Just Breathin

Author/Loni's Note⚠️⚠️: (She only gon be in middle school for like 2 chapters. i jus think Jayda was so cute as a kid so i wanted to use some old pictures and start the book off with her in middle school.)

 Quote of the Day- "Whole lotta motherfuckers speaking on me that ain't done shit"-Latto

Xylia Chanel Almanzar

I wake up early in the morning, feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness for the day ahead. I had on a red "just do it " Nike shirt, camo pants and some old tennis shoes. I begged my momma to let me straighten my hair the night before and I had some big ole gold hoops on that looked like I came straight out of the bay area.

I packed my bag quickly and ran downstairs tot he kitchen. As I walk to the kitchen, I see my scrawny big brother, Zion already sitting at the table, his eyes still sleepy. My mom is cooking up some flapjacks on the stove, and the smell hits the spot.

Good morning, sleepyhead," I say to my brother as I sit down next to him. "Are you ready for your first day of school?"

He nods, and my mom places a plate of warm pancakes in front of us. We both pour maple syrup on them and start chowing down.

"My babies are growing up so fast. What yall most excited for today?" my mom asks.

"I can't wait to meet my new teacher and see my homies," Zion big headed self responded being a fool like always. "And I'm hyped to see some new broads."

I laughed as momma came over behind me and popped him in the back of his head.

I stayed silent because this year I was going to a new school and finally starting middle school.

My mom smiles, "Boy focus, I'm sure you'll both have a good day. Just remember to be chill and helpful to everyone you meet."

As we finish our breakfast and get ready for school, my momma forced me to take a picture wit my little cousins Jontrell & Dontrell that lived down the street at my aunt Pam's house. 

Zion had already took off and catched up with the bus but i felt special because mom was dropping me off

I walked into Cedar Northwest Middle School. I looked around getting used to my surroundings and scoping the scenery out.

My mom had signed me & my brother up for school late so everybody else had already been in school for 2 weeks before us. Zion was at a completely different school since he was in high school and I was just starting the 6th grade.

When I walked into the classroom I scrunched my nose up because it was 9:00 in the morning and it already smells like a can of bounce that ass.

I looked around the room and already felt a headache coming on. It's going to be a long year.