High School

Xylia Chanel Almanzar

(Huge time skip, 4 years later) ⚠️⚠️

(She's now 17 years old)

"Lia!!!!  Wake Up!" I hear my brother, Zion yell from outside my room.

"Whaaat!, I groan out while he throws a pillow at my head.

"It's your first day of school. Get ready or else you're walking." He says and I groan because it's early and I'm not ready to go back to school".

I take a shower and put on some lotion.  I then finished my skincare and straightened my hair because I had a silk press and did my edges a little bit.

 While picking out my outfit I watched The Princess and  The Frog. 

I put on a random black shirt and some grey jeans with some shoes that match the words on the shirt and grabbed a black purse.

Over the past 4 years, a lot has changed. My brother got out of the hospital and recovered fast, once the leader died Zion was able to step down and now he makes Twitch content. Nobody believed he would blow up but he did. He now mostly does YouTube but it has quickly made him a millionaire.

  With the changes, Zion gave my mom 20,000 and she used this to go to law school and become an attorney, he knew it was her dream. She's now one of the best attorneys in our city. We moved out of our 1 bedroom condo and we now have a 2 story, 4-bedroom house. A lot has changed for the better, 4 years ago I would have never imagined myself living this type of life.

Jumping out of my thoughts, I grabbed my bag out of the corner and ran downstairs so I could eat breakfast. I warmed up a toaster strudel and some coffee while I texted Aaliyah. 

I laughed thinking about her 1st day of high school and how she almost fought this big girl because she thought Aaliyah wanted him

I laughed thinking about her 1st day of high school and how she almost fought this big girl because she thought Aaliyah wanted him. My laughter was soon interrupted by my annoying ass brother yelling downstairs for me to hurry up.

"Chill out, Stop all that yelling," I mumbled as he waited by the front door for me.

" Come on Lia, you're going to be late!" My brother whined like a nine-year-old child, while I rolled my eyes.

"I'm coming!", I yell before grabbing my bookbag and locking the door behind me, and stepping into my brother's Rolls Royce.

                                                                        .....................

 I started walking into the school and instantly got stares and glances, but I just kept walking until I was inside the school.

I walked to my locker waiting for Khylee and Aaliyah. I  pulled out my phone, checking the time and my Instagram notifications right before I heard squealing.

I looked up and saw Khylee and Aaliyah

"XYLIA" I heard Khylee and Aaliyah scream, jumping on me.

"Wsg, I missed yall," I said equally excited.

Khylee and Aaliyah both were here at Morant High School before I moved to this area for my sophomore year. I missed them so much and after 8th grade, we kept in touch, but the trio wasn't the same because I went to a different school than them for my 9th-grade year.

We all started checking our schedules to see if we had any of the same classes. Then we heard the bell ring. 

As Aaliyah and I walked Khylee to her class, we all got daggers from most of the girls. Wow first day here and I'm already getting people to hate me for no reason. I don't mean to sound cocky or bougie but I was pretty much used to the looks, ever since my body came in and I started wearing cute clothes instead of hand-me-downs, I would get a lot of attention. 

"Don't pay attention to the looks, bitches be weird, they mad cause they lace lifting," Khylee said while sticking her tongue out. 

Aaliyah and I laughed at her goofiness and went our separate ways.

While in class, a brown-skinned boy with curly hair and tattoos walked in and all the girls were looking at him like he was a snack. I mean he is one........He's fineee.

I went through the whole class period trying to focus but I could feel someone staring at the back of my head. I turned around and noticed the same caramel-colored boy looking at me, he just licked his lips and smirked.  

As I'm trying to walk out of the classroom a darkskinned boy who was sitting and talking next to "my stalker" trips me up and I fall. The boy who's been staring at me the whole class period just burst out laughing and then reached for my hand to help me up.

I could tell it was the plan him and his little plans came up with. Who the fuck does he think he is?

I go through the next 3 periods and then comes lunch. I decided to go and sit outside because it was a beautiful day. 

Khylee and Aaliyah sit down at the table and Aaliyah immediately started talking.

"You caught Dakari's attention, and bitches who have been trying to get his attention for a while are mad as fuck!" She said while biting into an apple bobbing her head side to side.

"Oh that's the boy who kept looking at me," I questioned smacking on some fruit snacks.

"You're really pretty, I mean whose attention wouldn't be on you," Khylee flirted making us laugh. My friends and I got a really flirty friendship but we would never cross any lines and we aren't actually interested in each other in that way.

We wrapped up lunch and we luckily had the same last period together. After school ended I decided to use the bathroom and Khylee and Aaliyah waited outside for me. As I came out, I was met with cold water splashing all over me.

"What the fu- " I looked over and saw Dakari and his friends laughing at me. "Are you shitting me right now?" I ask with a glare as he was still dying of laughter. 

"Aye, Dickward, you want your ass kicked?!" Aaliyah said while walking towards them. " What the fuck is wrong with you lame-looking ass bitch" Khylee yelled towards them. " Relaxxxxxx this was just welcome to our school, so welcome," Dakari said while his eyes trailed over me while he licked his lips.

"You're not even worth my time, Yall let's go," I said facing Khy and Liyah.

We got into Aaliyah's car and she started driving to my house in her Honda Civic.

***************************************************************************************

Author/Loni's Note

How yall feel abt this chapter?

Keep reading its gon be interesting😂😂