Chapter 28 An Unrequited Reunion

No one's POV

At the Ancient Alien Temple, the Reds, Blues, and Carolina arrive at the desert. Carolina gets off her mongoose with Zero.

Carolina: This where you found the body?

Washington: Yep, she's right up there.

Carolina: We'll see. Take me there. Sync.

Washington: Sync.

Zero: Sync.

One: Sync.

Caboose: Automatic dishwasher.

Zero, One, Wash and Carolina run off to find C.T.'s body, leaving the Reds and Blues alone. Upon arriving, Carolina knelt down to C.T.'s helmet.

One: Here

One: Here. We have no idea how she got here.

Carolina: That's because she didn't.

Carolina removed the helmet and they saw the face of the Insurrectionist Leader.

One: Is that?

Zero: The Insurrectionist Leader. So I guess C.T. died and he took her armor...

Washington: If what you're saying is true, how could this have happened?

Carolina: Apparently. We never did complete our objective.

Washington: But why come out here? What's the motivation?

Carolina picks up the data pad that was given to the Insurrectionist Leader right before C.T. died.

Carolina: I have a feeling this'll tell us

After gaining C.T.'s data pad, the four of them walked back over to the Reds and Blues, making their way to the mobile base.

One: Hey Tucker, can you bring over Chruch? We need to talk to him.

One rejoined the others, as where Carolina, and Zero were watching as Wash was using the computer.

Carolina: Any luck?

Washington: I think so.

The screen displays the Project Freelancer emblem which spins and reveals several pictures, among them, Epsilon's former Monitor body.