Chapter 46 Catching up

No one's POV

After reuniting with the others, Zero and One stepped away from the others. Zero then looked down at One's prosthetic arm.

Zero: Your arm...

One: Yeah... Happened because I didn't watch my six...

Zero just looked down saddened.

Zero: I'm sorry... I'm sorry I left without saying anything... I'm sorry I wasn't here to watch your back... I just...

One: No. You don't have to be sorry... It hurt.. It really hurt, but Wash helped me understand why you did what you did. I had to learn how to take care of myself without you.

One then hugged Zero tightly, as he hugged her back as well.

One: I'm just glad that you're back. I missed you.

Zero: Yeah. I missed you too.

As the two of them continued to hug, One spoke up, looking down saddened.

One: What are we going to do about Jason and Alyssa...?

Zero looked down saddened as well and sighed.

Zero: I don't know... I was just as shocked when they told you. To think we fought against them all those years back...

One and Zero broke the hug, as One looked at him.

One: They want you dead... They-

Zero: Yeah... They blame me for what happened to mom...

One: But that wasn't your fault...

Zero: But that's not how they see it... But we can't focus on just them right now. We have to focus on the armies.

One: Right. Let's check on the others.

After having their talk, Zero and One made their way back to the others, as Emily is using her medical scanner to treat Carolina's thigh wound.

Carolina: How bad is it?

Emily: Well, fortunately, he missed your femoral artery

Carolina: That's good.

Emily: No sweetie, you had a knife inside of you. That's the opposite of good.

Carolina: Call me "sweetie" again, and there'll be a knife inside of you.

Emily: Oooooh, you're hostile! I'd love to psychoanalyze you.

Carolina: The leg, please!

Emily: Oh, yes. Be sure not to put any unnatural strain on those muscles. If you reopen the wound, it won't be pretty.

Epsilon appears next to Carolina.

Epsilon: Great. Hey, way to go, Carolina. Taken out by an over-sized steak knife.