Chapter 31 Don't Say It...

No one's POV

Within the offsite storage facility, Director is sitting alone in a room watching the last known recording of Allison over and over again. As he does, Carolina walks in as the video plays from the beginning once again.

F.I.L.S.S: Beginning playback.

Allison (on video): Leonard, come on, stop it, put that thing down. You're gonna make me late, they're waiting for me.

Carolina: Hello, Director.

Director: Hello, Agent Carolina... Would you like to watch this file with me...?

Carolina: No.

Director: Play it again, F.I.L.S.S.

F.I.L.S.S: Director?

The Director smashes his fist onto the arm of his chair.

Director: Again!

Carolina: So, this is what you've become?

The Director lowers his head in sadness.

Director: I just need to watch this... I think I have a way... a way to bring her back right this time...

Carolina: The authorities are hunting you now. If I found you, they will too.

Director: I just need a bit more time...

Epsilon appears and floats over to the Director.

Epsilon: No! You've had your fucking time. You have to answer for what you did. To the Meta, to Washington, to Zero, to One, to Carolina, to me and to her! To Texas!

Director: Hello, Epsilon. You came all this way just to see me?

Epsilon: I'm here to remember what you've done. Somebody has to!

Carolina: Church...

Epsilon: Not all of us got off scott free, Carolina.

Epsilon begins to change into the different AI fragments of the Alpha.

Epsilon (in Delta form): He was brilliant...