Chapter 69 Hold The Past, But Start Anew

No one's POV

Currently, on an isolated beach, Carolina and Zero stare out towards the ocean together.

Carolina: Well, this isn't completely horrible.

Zero: No, it is not. One and Wash are searching the other island, so we should see what we can find here.

Carolina: Right...

Zero: You good?

Carolina: Yeah... I'm fine...

The two of them began searching the island and after 45 minutes, they find a small hut. As Zero goes to search inside it, Carolina gazes out towards the ocean.

Zero: Hellooooo? Carolina? Nat?

Carolina: (turns back to face Zero) Sorry, must have spaced out

Carolina: (turns back to face Zero) Sorry, must have spaced out. Any luck?

Zero noticed Carolina holding something, but doesn't say anything about it.

Zero: No sign of Agent Illinois.This is definitely his place though.

Carolina: How can you tell?

Zero shows Carolina a picture of York, Carolina, himself, One, Illinois, C.T., North and Wyoming relaxing, with their helmets off, all with drinks in their hands.

Wyoming is sitting on the side, his arm resting on a chair that York and Carolina are both sitting in, with York's hand around Carolina's shoulders

Wyoming is sitting on the side, his arm resting on a chair that York and Carolina are both sitting in, with York's hand around Carolina's shoulders. Zero, was on the other side of Carolina, smiling. North, One and C.T. were in front of them, all giving the "peace" sign, with Illinois in front holding a bottle of beer.

Zero: Really takes you back, huh?

Carolina: Sure does...

Zero: (talking about York and Carolina) You two look cozy.

Carolina: Pretty sure I hit him for doing that...

Zero just chuckled.

Zero: That you did. Gave him a broken nose.

The two walk back outside, towards the ocean.

Zero: Seems like our friend left in a hurry. The only thing missing from the place is his armor.