Chapter Ⅰ

𝙀𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮!

A female dashes through the hallways, dodging her fellow coworkers in the halls with a stack of papers, a few planners, and even some calendars all in her hands. Her eyes void of emotion as she's already exhausted from all the work that her boss has made her do in the past two hours; getting him coffee from his favorite coffee shop, making multiple up and down trips for papers, and even making her run to a nearby store for calendars that he didn't need. She had only been there for two hours and she already felt like she needed two years of a break. Her boss was an ass, but she was getting a plentiful amount of money in that monthly check; so she wasn't complaining.

"Sir, I got what you asked for." She neatly set the papers upon his desk and placed the unneeded calendars in a drawer filled with other unused calendars from the last years. She also placed the planners in a different drawer filled with planners that had not yet been used, but were going to be filled eventually. There was a drawer that'd been filled with planners that were already filled, but that was because the man sitting in the chair in front of her had a tendency for rambling on about important dates that they both knew would never take place.

He took a long sip from his coffee, intentionally allowing an awkward silence to fall upon the two. "What do I have planned for today?" His piercing gaze directed right towards the female's eyes; practically forcing her to make eye contact with him and to maintain it until he decidedly looked away.

"Well, you need to get prepared for four different meetings today," Her eyes tore away from his; and she was the only one allowed to do so. She quickly pulled out her planner and quickly scanned it while she read it aloud to the jet-black haired individual in front of her, "one at 10:30, which is with Mr. Steiner. The second is at 12:45, which is with Mrs. Ace and her son, Mr. Acrés. The third is at 1:30 with Mrs. Lacer. And the last is at 2:35 with Mr. and Mrs. Bookere's."

He subtly rolled his eyes and set his now empty coffee cup back onto the desk, where the female quickly went over and grabbed it to throw it away the moment he finished talking. "Are the notes for the meeting here in this stack?" He quickly grabbed the stack of papers and scanned over the front page of the top sheet.

"Yes; the notes are the first three papers, front and back. You have an hour and thirty minutes to revise them before this meeting." She headed to the door of his office. "Anything you would like to ask or would like me to know before I take my leave?"

He stopped grabbing the sheets for a second before glancing up at her; the ghost of a sickening smile on his face as he nodded, "You will be attending the meeting with me." he continued to grab the last sheet and focus on the words inked onto the paper.

"Yes, sir." And his eyes softly trailed her figure before his vision of her was blocked by the door.