ⅩⅦ

crazy to think that i've improved and changed my style but i literally dont know how to implement it into this thing.
i'm sorry if it seems rushed
it's not intentional

i've just been desperately avoiding this because i've been experiencing hardcore writer's block and i've been procrastinating
procrastinated so hard i took a trip back to my gacha phase and started watching a bunch of memes and mini movies on x2 because i have low attention span and get bored easily, so ig i was distracted for about an hour before i decided that i couldn't procrastinate any longer and had to acknowledge that i genuinely wanted to write
i actually wanna finish this but i have nothing for this planned so...
enjoy

damian watched the love of his life sleep peacefully as if she wasn't being held hostage, as if she wasn't being chained to the bed. he was a bit... irritated. why, if she was practically made precisely for him, didn't she want him? she knew him inside out, so then why... why wouldn't she accept his affection?

"sir, maybe you should stop watching miss l/n and go to bed. it's three in the morning and you have to work in three hours." angelcia peeked over his shoulder to see the sleeping woman. "maybe you should apologize and release her. perhaps she would forgive you then, no?"

damian glanced over his shoulder to the woman he was infatuated with. "perhaps i should..."

angelcia smiled tiredly and nodded. "you should."

y/n woke up to the feeling of the chain around her ankle being released. the sound of the metal loudly hitting the floor was immediately followed by mumbled curses only confirming what she thought she was hearing.

"miss l/n, it is time to wake up, you are allowed to go home now." angelcia's hands softly shook y/n awake. feeling disoriented as she had been waking up the last few months was no new feeling to her, but she felt especially disoriented today.

upon opening her eyes, she saw angelcia choking on her blood while a knife stuck out her throat, the blood not hesitant to messily flow out and onto y/n. before she was able to fully process what had happened to the maid, she had already thrown herself onto the floor and was pushing herself away from the bed, all the while slipping on the blood that covered both her hands and the floor.

"why are you running... miss l/n...?" every word spilled from the maid's mouth like a waterfall of bile. her words were spaced out unevenly, but it wasn't a question in y/n's mind. she didn't dare to even think about why angelcia was struggling to speak, the knife in her throat was enough to sew her throat shut with fear and terror.

the maid began crawling over the blood-soaked sheets, honey-colored eyes now voids of darkness and endless nightmares. "why did you do this to me? i thought we were friends!" angelcia's sugar-coated voice was now distorted, her voice filled with agony and hatred.

the sound of cracking bones and sizzling skin reverberated throughout the room as the once-young woman slowly made her way to y/n. the bone-chilling sound of an unhinging jaw echoed between her ears as what used to be angelcia continued to make its way to her.

stopping mere inches before her face, angelcia's jaw hung lower than humanly possible. the silence in the room was deafening, which didn't last long before angelcia let out an inhuman screech.

shooting out of her sleep, y/n gasped loudly, hand clutching tightly at her chest to try and calm her frantically beating heart. "miss l/n, are you alright?" y/n flinched, quickly and effortlessly pulling her knees to her chest and shaking severely.

she looked around the room, eyes darting across the room to look at everyone who was in there with her; angelcia with a suitcase and lazlus holding a metal tray of f/b/f (favorite breakfast food) and f/d— 'hold on. angelcia with a suitcase?'

reading the confused expression on y/n's face, angelcia finished closing the suitcase and smiled softly. "i managed to convince mr. lazlus to allow you to go home! so, we've already packed your bags; of course, you have to eat breakfast first."

"oh. okay then." gently taking the tray of food from lazlus' hands, y/n quickly ate.