Chapter Ⅺ

𝙀𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮!

Y/n violently jumped out of her sleep to her phone ringing. The name read, 'Damian'.

She shivered a bit, but still picked up the phone and answered. "Sir." She spoke, voice steady and calm.

"L/n-san. Today is an unscheduled holiday, but I'd like to go outside; with your assistance, of course." His voice was once again raspy, but he spoke calmly like nothing had happened the previous day. "Dress casually; we'll go out for lunch and then head to multiple stores. I'll pick you up in two hours."

"Okay." She nodded despite knowing that he couldn't see her. She hung up and went over to begin getting ready for the long day ahead of her.

Damian's lips pressed into a thin line, looking at the black screen in his phone as his mind slowly caught up to the fact that the female he'd been talking to had hung up.

He didn't exactly care, but it still bothered him that she didn't bid him farewell. 'You're going to see her later; why should she bid you, of all people, farewell?' His eyes glazed over the wine glass sitting on the table.

"Master; maybe you should read a book, or perhaps pick up an old hobby?" Angelcia walked into the room, dusting off his bookshelf that held many books that L/n had gotten for him over the years; as gifts. Lazlus didn't exactly hold love for books like L/n did but considering that she'd gone out of her way to get him all of these books that she thought he'd like, when she didn't have to, he took Angelcia up on her offer for reading a book.

L/n slid her shirt on and walked into her living room where she put on her flats; proceeding to head into her kitchen where she grabbed a glass of water and downed it. Calming down her nerves, she grabbed her purse and looked through it, making sure that she had everything she needed.

She checked her watch, realizing that two hours had passed and that her boss would potentially arrive soon; but soon was now since she heard the honking of her boss' chauffeur's car.