Chapter Ⅻ

𝙀𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮!

"Hello, sir. How did you rest last night?" Y/n spoke, back unsensing as she sat in the chair a bit away from her boss. His eyes were like constant daggers, stabbing everything or the person he would look at.

"I rested well. You?" Lazlus turned his phone off and sat up straight, his usual poker face taking its place on his features. His eyes rested upon her face, seemingly staring right into her soul, examining her even.

"Fine. Just fine." Y/n's poker face had come back, and she realized that she'd stepped out of line the day before. Asking to call it a day after the meeting; who did she think she was? A secretary shouldn't step out of line like that; but, she's the right-hand of the company and the boss' personal life. Y/n sighed and shook her head, ridding herself of her thoughts.

Y/n walked beside Damian with tense shoulders and a faltering poker face. She was uncomfortable and didn't want to be there, maybe, the situation would've been better if she hadn't seen what had happened the day before, but now, she would've been better off in the company building; running up and down the stairs, making runs to stores that weren't required to be made, and planning for upcoming meetings. Hell, she'd rather be pissed and still be forced to work than be in the position she was in now; she didn't want to be here.

She'd prefer being in a meeting by herself, listening to the board yap and talk their faces off than be forced to walk side-by-side with her boss, in a mall, after the stunt he'd pulled the day before.

"Where are we going?" She mainly focused on walking, but she glanced at him, making sure she wouldn't run into anyone.

"A restaurant; I have a friend who runs it. He owes me, so he allows me to show up unexpectedly." Lazlus shrugged; his face attracting the attention of a female passerby, but also attracting jealous and stifling glares from them.

Lazlus and L/n were equally attractive; if not her more. Therefore, she was also attracting attention from male passersby; who would gawk at her until she fully passed by and give Damian jealous and stifling glares.

'You don't have any friends.' Y/n thought to herself, deadpanning as she continued to listen to the male next to her. It was an awkward, boring, and pointless conversation; it was pure silence before, and L/n didn't want Damian to think that she was bored or uncomfortable.

"What would you like to do after lunch and shopping?" Lazlus smiled sweetly at L/n with his hands held behind his back. To outsiders, the smile looked like a kind gesture, but to L/n, the smile hid something malicious; something that she couldn't quite put her finger on.

'To go home.' Y/n glanced over to Damian before looking back ahead of her. "Perhaps..we could watch a movie..." L/n bit her bottom lip, peeling the skin off as she went deep in thought.

She jumped out of her thoughts as she felt Damian's hand grab hers and pull her into a restaurant; fancy and expensive with a theme of red and black and exotic flowers everywhere; a variety of floral scents wafting into her nose and filling her lungs with the semi-wonderful scent.

"Ah, Damian! My long-time friend! How are you?" The man's eyes darted to the figure of the female beside him. "Is this your girlfriend? She is much more beautiful in person than in the photos!" He motioned over to L/n, it being obvious that he didn't know her name.

Damian tightened his hand around L/n's in unexplainable jealousy. "No, but–"

"I see, I see. You're here for your date, no?" The man's accent got stronger the more he spoke, Y/n glancing over to Damian– whose eyes continuously twitched in annoyance.

"Yes. We are." Damian's eyes darkened, crystal clear that he wanted to get the conversation done and over already.

"Ah, good, good." The man pursed his lips and looked over to a dimly lit hallway in the back. "Well then, good thing I know where to have you two seated."

𝘼 𝘾𝙀𝙊'𝙨 𝙊𝙗𝙨𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें