Chapter Ⅲ

𝙀𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮!

L/n quickly rearranged Lazlus' office for the tenth time today, considering he was pissed off from not only the meeting but because a small, unimportant rule was broken. But the main thing is; it wasn't even in the rule book! How was the new girl supposed to know?

Lazlus was petty; now he was also mad at L/n because she called the stupid rule unimportant, so now he was taking all his anger out on her by forcing her to rearrange his office multiple times until she either passed out from exhaustion or he was satisfied with an arrangement she'd done for him.

L/n wasn't at all phased by his behavior, considering she's been here for two years straight, so she's been ready for this; not only did she come fresh out of college, but she's been with the man since diapers and as she looks at him now and remembers how he was then, she'd say he was the same as the photo from fifteen years ago where 'Danny' stood taller than her. And fortunately for him, he still does.

L/n quickly snapped out of her daze of staring at the photo that Lazlus never let her touch on the desk; although the photo has her in it since she remembers and recognizes the h/c pigtails tied with bows that cutely and peacefully rested on her shoulders, along with the slightly too-large shirt that passed her hips and stopped at her mid-thighs; including the sleeves that dropped down to past her elbows because she had rolled her sleeves up. You could see the outlines of denim shorts that were cuffed and stopped at a spot right above where the shirt stopped, thin, black tights covering her feet that went into flats. At least the ghost of a smile was hinted at on her face.

Lazlus in the photo was a completely different ball game. His face was stoic and expressionless. Looking completely bored out of his skull. He wore a plain white shirt and shorts that stopped right above his knees; along with the white socks that covered his ankles and the shoes that L/n used to joke about saying, "Are you heading to church?" While Lazlus only softly glared at her, considering that she used to be the only one who dared to make jokes about him.

But now the male was even more expressionless and only got his rockers off by seeing others suffer; just a sadistic asshole. She glanced at him as she rearranged his drawers of unneeded things; the boy who used to be semi-unreadable was now the man who sits in front of her, at a desk and the head of a company, as well as the cover of most business newspapers, was absolutely and completely unreadable. His eyes were like a pair of endless voids and his hair was darker than a cave at night. He used to be blonde, and then he became a brunette, and by the age of 15, his hair was jet black like his mother's. His eyes were golden like gold bars underneath a spotlight; but first, they were blue like the water at those white beaches, just like his mother's, but then they turned a dull gold like his father's at the age of ten, and the vibrancy of the color in his eyes appeared at eleven because the blue in his mother's eyes was so vibrant that they probably were handed down to him genetically.

But even then, with the vibrant glow in his eyes, the glare he'd give someone would not be eased up by even a bit, and they would still be uncomfortable to the core; other than L/n who practically grew up with him and had been used to him for a long time. No one else in the company was more than eligible to be his assistant or right-hand, to not only him but the entire company in itself.

L/n quickly blinked herself out of her thoughts and continued to organize the files, shaking her head in disappointment at herself zoning out while working.