Chapter Ⅴ

𝙀𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮!

Nobody, not even L/n, ever thought that they'd witness L/n going on a date with anybody, not even Lazlus. But there she went, her first date ever and she spent the time she thought she could've used by spending her day off sitting at home on her couch and watching cheesy, bad romance movies or just simply sleeping in at home; she'd be gaining well-needed rest.

Y/n fiddled with her fingers in a bit of discomfort, considering she was sitting right in front of her boss whom she rejected the night before; especially the fact that she was in a dress that she didn't pick herself, rather, a dress that Roselina chose for L/n.

The dress exposed all her curves and was a bit too short for her liking. Roselina's justification for picking out the dress was, "It's perfect for you, it enhances your beauty." and "It could make other men jealous knowing that they can't have you." But Y/n always replied, "I-I don't know about this..."

Now, thinking back on it, L/n regrets ever agreeing to come on the date. Why didn't she just recommend having dinner back at her place? Or something simple like going to the movie theater? Maybe even just have a picnic and observe the clouds? Wait–no, Damien considers things like observing clouds child's play.

L/n couldn't think of anything to converse about other than work, so that's exactly what she did. "What did you think about Mr. Steiner's proposal? Do you think you'll be accepting it?" The food was delivered to their table and Y/n didn't touch her food until Damian began to eat.

"No. he invalidated your position. Therefore, I do not think I'll be considering it whatsoever." His eyebrows furrowed in slight annoyance as he remembered the godforsaken male.

Y/n sweatdropped and swallowed the piece of steak in her mouth. "Sir, if you're refusing his offer because of me, I assure you that his words did not offend me." Y/n bowed her head slightly, cutting another piece of steak.

Lazlus didn't respond, instead, he only hummed in acknowledgment of her words. He was relatively upset that the female which sat in front of him was completely unbothered by a baseline insult directed at her.

"Or if it's not because of me, but because we'd have to teach the designers new material? Especially considering it would take a while to teach them what he is asking of us." L/n looked down, her eyes narrowed at the plate in front of her, her eyebrows furrowed, and her thumb took its place on her chin.

Lazlus made sure his flash was off and quickly and quietly took a photo of her and turned his phone right back off, placing it back into his pocket before picking his fork back up and continuing to eat. "I can assure you that is one of the reasons I am not considering his offer, but the fact that he insulted you is a larger reason for why I am not considering it."

Y/n sighed and quickly continued eating, glancing up at Damien before she took the bite out of the steak.