ChapterⅦ

𝙀𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮!

Sighing, Y/n walked right back into the building that she hated, yet loved so much because of the money she'd walk out with. She also hated waking up at 6 A.M., Mondays, buns, and the tight pencil skirt she had to wear Mondays through Thursdays.

She sighed, breathed, and opened the door to her boss's office. "Good morning, sir." She pulled out her planner and began reading his day's plan to him. "You have a meeting at 10:50 with Mr. Steiner, although I will not be able to attend this meeting with you."

"Why not?" Vibrant gold eyes pierced through tired e/c ones. "Why can't you come to the meeting with me?" His mind started running like a violent river. "Do you just not want to meet Steiner again? Did the people who came to the meeting with him make you uncomfortable? Or–"

"Sir, I have a meeting." She deadpanned at the man who was ransacking his mind for no reason. "The meeting's at the same time as yours, therefore I will not be able to attend the meeting with you." L/n sighed and shook her head. "It was a meeting you were supposed to attend, but I will be taking your place for you. Anyways, Graceya Ludenisburg will be attending the meeting with you; she'll only be taking notes, giving me the papers taken out of the meeting room, and–"

"Am I able to reschedule the meeting with Steiner?" Lazlus asked an unreadable expression painted onto his face.

"Well, yes because it was a last-minute meeting, but why would you want to reschedule the meeting with him?" She began taking the notes and documents needed for both meetings; the one with Steiner and the one with The Board.

"I do not want you at that meeting alone. Plus, his meeting is last minute, no? It gives me every right to reschedule that meeting." L/n handed the two-page documents to him.

"Sir, the meeting I will be attending is with The Board; and as far as we can all tell, you very much dislike those people." She sighed and began reviewing the notes sent by Graceya, sighing again and proceeding to yawn in exhaustion, causing her to move a hand to her mouth where the bandaid on her finger was perfectly exposed for Lazlus to see.

"What happened to your finger?"

"Just a small flesh wound; I'll be fine." L/n yawned once again, this time with her eyes open as she continued to read the four-pager in her hands. "Jealousy does not look good on you, sir."

Damian quickly flustered and continued looking at the papers in his hand. "I...still," He regained his composure. "I want you to reschedule the meeting with him, I do not want you to attend the meeting with The Board alone."

"Sir, out of the two of us, they provoke you the most." She laughed dryly at her lame excuse for a joke before clearing her throat and continuing to glance at the papers in her hands. "But if that's what you'd like, then I shall do as you please."

L/n quickly opened the door to his office and handed him the pages she had been reading and took the pages he'd been previously reading, handing those off to a female figure outside of his door. He watched as they both said words, completely inaudible to him, but the woman who'd been speaking to L/n was getting progressively aggressive the more the two spoke.

L/n stormed right back into his office and appeared like she was on the verge of ripping her hair out. Eyes shut tight together, tears forming at the corners, her face slowly tinting red, a vein or two becoming very apparent, her teeth ground and clenched together, and a bleeding part of her lip stuck between her teeth. She'd been so angry that the wound on her finger reopened, soaking the bandaid and dripping down her finger.

"Are you okay–?"

"I'm fine, sir. Just please read the documents as I cool down. Thank you for your concern." L/n sat down on the chair she'd sat in before and began attempting to calm herself down.