Chapter Ⅱ

𝙀𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮!

The female standing behind the damned male in front of her fiddled and fidgeted with her fingers in deep discomfort. Considering how her boss always intentionally made every meeting so unbearably uncomfortable and tense; tense enough that you could cut it with a knife, and the air so heavy that if you tried to cut it with a knife, the knife would straight-up break. As said before, her boss is a full-on ass, an obnoxious sadistic asshole even, simply because he liked seeing people struggle or suffer; especially if he knew that he was the cause.

His hand covered his mouth, and the female behind him knew full well that it was because he was hiding the shit-eating grin on his face. With the many failed attempts that had been made, specifically her trying to zone out or start day-dreaming to distract herself from the deep discomfort that she felt, she eventually gave up as she realized that it'd never work and that she'd just waste more energy trying than just dealing with the suffocating air of the room that she was currently in.

"Sir, would you like me to step out and get you water, or any beverage of your preference𑁋perhaps?" She leaned down and spoke lowly in his ear, causing him to snap out of his trance and gain a slight tint of a burning pink onto the tips of his ears.

He quickly nodded, snapping out of whatever new trance the female put him in. His golden eyes gave her another piercing gaze as he spoke; "Get me a cold glass of water, and get the clients a kettle of coffee or a pitcher of water so they can at least choose what they'd like." He looked away with his hands covering a frown as his clients took a breath of relief from the release of tension in the air, all giving the female a thankful look for saving them from passing out from indirect stress caused by the boss.

"Yes, sir." She sped-walked out of the conference room, sighing the moment she got out, but quickly recovered from her peace and headed to the kitchen to grab a pitcher of water and the pot of coffee.

The moment she'd opened the door, she was quickly met with the strong presence of remade tension and heavy air, causing her and the other female behind her to pause for a moment before hastily moving forward and placing the pot and pitcher on the table.

"Lucille, thank you for the help." She smiled at Lucille and quickly dismissed her to prevent her from being any more uncomfortable.

"It was no problem, L/n-chan! G-Goodbye now!" Lucille quickly dashed out of the conference room with the door slowly closing behind the practically running figure. And not only the door making a clicking sound, but Lucille's heels as well as she somehow managed to run in her heels.

Everyone looked away from the door and the female moved over to the man practically glaring at her. "Here you go, sir." She set the glass right in front of him, the glass that looked so perfect and calculated to the boss' liking. And the moment the glass made its sound on the table, the clients quickly grabbed glasses of coffee and water with ice, just to at least attempt to distract themselves from the belittling stare of the man who sat in front of the H/C-haired female.

"L/n-san," He started, his glare getting harsher as seconds passed. "What did I tell you about the—"

"Sir," She set her hand on his shoulder, firmly but softly. "Lucille only arrived here last week, yesterday was her first day. The rules about my name were small unimportant rules that you announced a bit after I arrived here. Therefore, that tiny, minor rule is not in the rule book." She quickly removed her hand from his shoulder and backed up away from him. As she realized that the tension was so thick now that it could break each glass in the room.

The man that arranged this meeting laughed half-heartedly, considering that it was very tense in the room and the other half going to complete and utter nervousness. "You sure have a lot of interesting employees, Mr. Lazlus." He raised the glass filled with water up to his lips and took a sip. "But I would like to know," He placed the glass back down and leaned forward, faded brown eyes narrowing at Lazlus' golden ones. "Will you be considering our offer?"

He handed the files to Lazlus but he quickly handed the files to L/n, who quickly read through the files and handed them back to him. Leaning down, she spoke as tension weighed even heavier in the air. "Sir, if you accept the deal, our sales will rise by 15%, but that also means that we might have to teach a little something extra to our designers. Would you like to do that? I can make the preparations."

He glared at the older man who spoke, cutting L/n off before she could continue saying anything else. "L/n, he does not require your opinion." Mr. Steiner's eyes narrowed and glared at the female behind Lazlus, a smug grin hidden on his face by his hands.

"Mr. Steiner," Lazlus ran a hand down his face and smiled sadistically while his hand rested on his chin. "L/n is the right-hand of both my personal life and this company in and of itself. Do you think that her opinion isn't required?"

The color drained from Mr. Steiner's face and the smug smile on his face quickly dropped. "I...I apologize." He spoke through gritted teeth and visible irritation; but even then, the fear in his eyes could not say anything other than what was already shown.

L/n only hummed in acknowledgment as she began to organize Lazlus' files from the meeting and placed them in a folder with a label saying, 'in consideration'; specifically because Lazlus hadn't given his decision on whether or not he would accept the offer.

His cold, golden eyes only stayed pinned onto Mr. Steiner as he followed behind L/n who was heading to his office. "If we see you," L/n started as her eyes quickly pinned onto Mr. Steiner. "You'll know if Mr. Lazlus accepted your offer or not." Her lips formed a scowl as she practically stared into Mr. Steiner's soul before she immediately walked out of the tension-filled room.