Chapter 13

A few days have passed and Jihyo has been keeping very quiet. Y/N has tried to talk to her a few times, but her wife always kept it short.

After tucking the kids in bed, Y/N joined Jihyo in their bedroom. 

"Why are you being so quiet? It's making me worry to see you like this." Y/N revealed as she laid down next to her wife.

"I just have a lot on my mind."

"And why aren't you sharing it with me?" 

"You already know what's on my mind, Y/N. I don't even need to share because you read me so well." Jihyo sighed. That's what she likes about Y/N the most. Jihyo doesn't even need to use words for Y/N to understand her. Y/N can just take a look at her and already guess what's wrong. 

"Look if working at that company is going to make you sad like this then maybe it's better to quit. You can find something else that you would like to do."

"No. I will succeed no matter what. Even if it takes ten years, I'm going to get promoted in that company. I need to clear my name, Y/N. Look at this, three years have passed and I still didn't manage to clear my name. Even if I change my job and become something way different than a journalist, the name Park Jihyo still won't be cleared. The only way to clear my name is by working hard and releasing something under my name that's crazy good. I don't want my kids to suffer later on because I never managed to clear my name."

"You know it's going to be hard, right?" Y/N has a worried look on her face. She's just worried that Jihyo is too hard on herself.

"I know, but I have to do it. I thought a lot about what to do these past few days and I came to this conclusion today." Jihyo informed. That's why she was so quiet these days. She had to think with full concentration.

"Okay, if that's what you want to do, I support you."

"Thank you." Jihyo smiled weakly and placed her head on her wive's shoulder.

"How's work going? Is Sana still being nice?" The younger woman asked.

"Yeah, we're actually working pretty well. Mr. Minatozaki even complimented us today, saying that he knew we could deliver good work. For now things are going in the right direction."

"I'm glad to hear that." After talking for a bit the two fell asleep.

----------------------------------------

The next day Jihyo took the kids and Y/N went to work as usual. However her mind is occupied with Jihyo. She's worried about her and just wishes she could do something to help her out. She doesn't want Jihyo to spend years and years of hard working with no results just because the company she works at is shit and couldn't defend her three years ago.

"Y/N-sii?" Sana called noticing that Y/N's mind is somewhere else. Today Mr. Minatozaki has also joined them to work on the project just to see how the two are doing since it's both their first times doing something like this.

"Y/N-sii??" Sana repeated.

"Oh, I'm sorry what?"

"If you're not going to work then just leave." Sana stated harshly.

"I am working." 

"Sana how about you take a break for a bit? Y/N and I will continue." Her dad suggested.

"Fine." Sana stood up and left the office.

"Alright, what's going on?" The CEO took a chair and sat in front of Y/N.

"What do you mean, sir?"

"You're not focused today. Did something happen?" Y/N is someone who usually works fast and concentrated but today that's not the case. She seems very out of it.