Chapter 32

Y/N went to work as usual and went into her office. After about an hour, Mina knocked on her door.

"Oh come in, Mina-ssi." Y/N smiled.

"How's everything going?"

"Fine, just as always. How about you? Have you already set a date for the wedding?"

"Not yet. We're still looking at the possibilites." Mina is engaged to some guy that Y/N has only met a few times by now. They've been dating for about three years and they decided to tie the knot only recently.

"You know it's a bummer that you didn't become my sister in law."

"I know. But it's not my fault. If only your sister could become an adult then things would have turned out differently."

"I can't blame you for that. Years have passed and she hasn't changed one bit. At this rate I don't think anyone would want to marry her." Chaeyoung is 32 but still acts as if she's 18. Mina decided to give her another chance about four years ago but Chaeyoung screwed it up once again.

"Is she working now?"

"Yeah but who knows how long that'll last."

"Mr. Minatozaki wants to see you if you have time." Mina informed.

"Oh he does? Can I go in now?"

"Yeah you can."

"Alright then I'll go see him. See you later Mina-ssi." Y/N smiled and left the office to go to her bosses office.

"Later, Y/N." Mina smiled back.

"Mr. Minatozaki?" Y/N knocked on his door before opening it. "You wanted to see me?"

"Ah yes, Y/N-ah come in." He gestured to the seat in front of him.

"Something's wrong?"

"Not at all. I just wanted to give you this." He took out a file and put it in front of her.

"What's this?" Y/N asked.

"This is your securement as a manager in this company. If someone tries to take away your position, they can't."

"What do you mean? Why exactly do I need securement? Is something bad happening?"

"Not yet. See this company is a pretty big company and that means that I have lots of people going after it. Until now no one has succeeded to take this company away frome but it could happen soon. That's why I wanted to secure your position. Even if I'm not a CEO anymore, you'll still have your position." Mr. Minatozaki explained.

"Oh thank you for doing that. Did you do this for all the employees?"

"Not really. I only did it for a few."

"Why me if I may ask?" Y/N doesn't really understand why he did this. After all she's just a manager. There are lots of people who have a higher position than her.

"Because I trust you. I know that you'll always have the company's back. You're smart and trustworthy and I know if there's one person that I can leave the company to, it can be you."

"That's great to hear sir. I'm doing my best ever since I joined this company."

"I know and I acknowledged your efforts. That's why I'm planning to promote you soon. You've been in the same position for too long." The man smiled.

"Oh really? I'd love to get promoted." Y/N is happy with her current position since it's already pretty high but getting promoted will mean that she'll get an important position.

"And you deserve it. I just need you to stay as a manager until I can find someone else for your position."

"That's okay. Take your time sir." Y/N nodded.