Chapter 23

Y/N called Irene to ask her to meet up with her, but Irene refused. So, Y/N had no choice but to follow her to her car after she dropped Hangyeol off at school.

"Can we talk?" She asked before the woman entered her car.

"I already said no."

"Look it's really important. Just hear me out. You might benefit from it." Irene hesitated a bit before giving in. They decided to meet at a nearby cafe where they went to separately.

"I'm guessing your wife won't accept my deal so you're here to beg me to not sue her anyways."

"Not exactly here to beg." Y/N shook her head. She's not that desperate to beg for it. "You proposed us a deal, but I also have a deal to propose."

"You're not really in the right to do that. I'm the victim here, I should be the only one coming up with deals." Irene raised her eyebrows.

"You're not the victim and you know that very well. Just hear me out."

"Fine. I'm listening." The woman gave in.

"You said you've been looking for Seulgi for years now without any success, right?"

"Yes. What does that have to do with this?"

"I can help you find her. I know a lot of things about her that you don't know. And I think I could do a better job in finding her than you." Hearing this Irene just started to laugh.

"You haven't been in contact with her for 13 years either. What makes you think you'll be able to find her?"

"She and I had an undeniable connection. She shared lots of things with me. Things that she would want to do in the future. I have some clues that could lead me to her. I also know some people that could help me with it. I can help you find your sister if you won't sue my wife and let Yewon stay at her current kindergarten."

"And why should I trust you? Maybe you won't be of any help at all and I will gain nothing from this." Irene really does want to find her sister but she doesn't want Y/N to get involved. What if Seulgi still loves her or what if they hit it off again? She doesn't want the two to meet again.

"I knew you were going to say that, that's why I brought something that could make you believe me." Y/N said and put a letter on the table. "Seulgi had written me a letter on our first anniversary, which was about a month before she ran away. Reading it now, she actually hinted that she would do something like this. But at that time I was oblivious and didn't notice it. If you read the letter, you'll understand why I think that I could be able to find her. Besides I'd rather help you out with finding her than changing Yewon's school or paying you thousand of dollars. There's no reason for me to lie to you."

Irene just looked at the letter and opened it. She read it and there were lots of lovey dovey stuff that she wishes she never had read. However, Y/N was right. Seulgi wrote some weird things that hinted that she could run away one day. And Irene is sure that Y/N knows more than she gives off.

"I still don't think you can find her. I've been spending years to find her. Maybe it'll take you years as well."

"Maybe it will, but I'm prepared to give my all to find her in exchange for you just leaving my family alone. Besides I'm curious on why she ran away as well."

"I... I don't know. This is going to mean that we're going to have to work together and I don't think I can get along with you." Irene guessed.

"We can try." Y/N sighed. First she has to work with Sana and now with Irene as well? What did she do that she has to work with two homophobic people? "I got along with your sister and I know you got along with her as well. So who knows we might succeed."