Chapter 34

"Are... Are you cheating on me?" Y/N asked without looking at Jihyo, her heart beating insanely rapid because of the consequences that might occur. "Tell me the truth please. Whatever it is, I just want to know the truth..." Jihyo was in shock to hear this question coming out of her wive's mouth and therefore couldn't even open her mouth to say something.

"Why aren't you answering?" Y/N asked looking at Jihyo who was staring at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"Because I can't fucking believe you would think that I'm cheating on you! Where the hell did you get that from?" Jihyo raised her voice and they started to gather some stares.

"Let's talk outside." Y/N suggested and put some money on the counter before pulling her wife outside.

"I... I can't believe you just asked me that." Jihyo walked back and forth in frustration.

"You didn't answer my question."

"You're expecting me to answer that question?"

"Yes." The older woman stated.

"No, Y/N. I'm not cheating on you." Jihyo answered in a calm tone making Y/N feel relieved.

"You're telling me the truth right?"

"I am. I'm not fucking cheating on you. How could you possibly even think of that?" Jihyo just can't believe that Y/N asked her that question.

"I can't give another explanation for your behaviour."

"So cheating is the explanation?" Jihyo approached her wife and stood right in front of her. "I haven't even looked at someone else differently ever since I met you. I rejected every single person who flirted with me in the slightest bit because of how much I love you. My eyes only see you and nobody else. How could you doubt my love for you?"

"Then how do you explain your absence? Jihyo... I really need to know why you're being like this. I don't want to assume things by myself."

"You don't want to assume things yet you assumed that I'm cheating on you. I may have been distant and all but I still love you Y/N." Jihyo held both her arms and looked her in the eyes.

"But less than before." Y/N looked down.

"Look me in the eyes." Jihyo lifted her chin up. "I love you as much as I did the day we got married. You and I may have changed. Our lives may have changed. But our love hasn't. My love for you never changed."

"Then why are you so distant?"

"I'm struggling with myself." Jihyo admitted as she looked away and distanced herself. "My mental health isn't going well. I feel like shit and I don't want to be a burden to you or to my children."

"You will never be a burden to us no matter what the problem is. Since when are we dealing with our problems ourselves? We used to share everything with each other, what changed?"

"I changed, Y/N. I'm dealing with stuff and I want to fix it myself. If I needed help I would've asked you."

"Why are you always trying to deal with everything yourself? Why am I your wife if you're not going to share your problems with me at all?" The problems that occurred five years ago because of Jihyo's pride and independence are coming back.

"Because those are my problems and I'm dealing with them just fine."

"Oh really? I see you're dealing very fine with them by drinking them away, by never coming home and by completely neglecting your wife and your children!" Y/N yelled and Jihyo is surprised to hear Y/N yell like this. In the 15 years they've known each other she barely has heard Y/N yell like this.