Chapter 47

The next morning Jihyo woke up early and decided to make breakfast for Y/N and the kids before they need to go to school. Not much later Y/N woke up and joined her in the kitchen.

"I thought I smelled your cooking, I was right." Y/N smiled weakly approaching her.

"Yeah, I woke up early so I thought I should make something to eat. Can you wake up the kids?"

"Yeah, I'll wake them up." The older woman nodded and went to wake up the kids. The kids and Y/N got ready and they all sat down at the table to have breakfast.

"Are you working today?" Y/N asked Jihyo.

"Normally yes but I don't think I'll go. It's really hard to go to that company after finding out what my parents did." 

"Your parents?" Yewon furrowed her eyebrows.

"Let's finish our breakfast quickly or else we'll be late for school. I'll drop the kids off at school, can you wait for me here? We'll talk when i'm back." Y/N questioned to which Jihyo agreed.

"What are you hiding from us?" Their daughter asked. "I already know that you're not telling us everything, but shouldn't we know? What's going on between you two?"

"There are some things going on, but it's a bit soon to tell you because there are still a few things we need to handle. We'll tell you everything when the time's right." Y/N patted Yewon's head.

"Are you still getting the divorce? I have a feeling that you guys are making up."

"We'll talk about it later, Yewon-ah. We really need to go now." Y/N stood up and Yewon had no choice but to follow her mother. Y/N dropped both of the kids off at school and went back to her apartment.

"Oh you cleaned everything up? You didn't have to." Y/N said when she walked inside and everything was cleaned up.

"It's fine. After all I'm the one that made a mess in the kitchen." Jihyo chuckled.

"Is this the first time you're skipping work?" 

"No. This is like my fourth time. I'm thinking of resigning. I don't want to work somewhere where my parents are in full control." Jihyo shook her head. The company basically used her to get money from her parents. She can't keep working there knowing this. 

"Then what are you going to do? You said no other media company will hire you since you're still on the black list." Y/N sat down next to her wife on the couch.

"I guess I will need to find another job." Jihyo said sadly. Her dream was always to be a successful journalist but it seems like it wasn't meant to be.

"You shouldn't give up. Maybe they will hire you. After all you delivered great work for the past three years."

"It doesn't matter. It's still risky for them to hire me. Besides I tried very hard to be a good journalist but look where it got me instead. It just doesn't make me happy anymore. Knowing that I almost lost my family because of that... I just can't. It doesn't make me happy and people are always looking down on me. I've dealt with it for a long time but I can't do it anymore. That's why I'm looking for a regular job." The younger woman explained.

Y/N really thinks that this would have been the perfect time to start up her own media company where Jihyo can be a journalist to her fullest potential and where she could be the CEO. She badly wants to suggest this idea to her, but it's too soon. She doesn't trust Jihyo yet to do something like this so she just kept quiet.

"You think a regular job will make you happy?"

"As long as I'm with you and the kids then yes it will make me happy." Jihyo smiled. "I need to tell you something." Jihyo's smile disappeared which worried Y/N. "My mom called me this morning. That's why I woke up early."