Chapter 45

Two months later

Two months have passed and Y/N and Jihyo didn't divorced on paper yet. Y/N actually asked Jihyo when they will sign the papers, but Jihyo told her that she needs a bit more time so Y/N eventually agreed because she's not ready to sign those papers either even though they've broken up for three months right now.

However, Y/N feels like they shouldn't wait too long anymore. The longer they wait, the harder it'll be for them to sign those papers. So she decided to head to Jihyo's apartment with the divorce papers.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" Jihyo asked not expecting her ex lover in front of her.

"Can we talk?" Y/N asked to which Jihyo nodded and widened the door. The two went and sat down at the kitchen table.

"Where are the kids?"

"They're at my mom's place." 

"Did something happen? You didn't call me beforehand." The younger woman worried.

"I don't think we should wait with signing these papers anymore. it's been three months and we still didn't get a divorce although we both agreed to it. Waiting just makes it harder for me. So I brought the papers with me." Y/N took the papers and placed them in front of Jihyo. "I already signed them, you just need to sign them too."

Jihyo had a blank expression on her face as she looked at the papers in front of her. Y/N can not tell what Jihyo is thinking right now. The woman is also keeping silent, which is worrying Y/N a bit.

"I'm not going to sign these." 

"W-what? Why?"

"I don't want to get a divorce from you." Jihyo admitted as she looked up to face Y/N.

"Jihyo please, we already agreed to it and you and I both know there's no other solution for this. Please don't make it harder than it already is. Let's just take the easy way and sign those papers. It'll be much more difficult if you refuste to sign them." Y/N actually did have a feeling that this was going to happen. It was suspicious how Jihyo kept asking for more time.

"I can't divorce you without telling you the truth first."

"The truth?" The older woman furrowed her eyebrows.

"Y/N... There are many things I hid from you in the past two years. I've been wanting to talk to you about this for a while now but... I find it really hard to do so. It's really difficult for me to talk about this but I can't divorce you without telling you everything otherwise I'll regret it. What I'm going to tell you right now, will probably be a lot to take in and after hearing me out, I want you to think one more time wether you want to divorce me or not. If you still want to divorce me after this, then I will sign these papers."

"Jihyo... What's going on? You're worrying me."

"First of all, I'm really sorry for not telling you this earlier. I really regret it but I hope you can understand."

"Please get to the point." 

"About two years ago, soon after I got promoted someone unexpected showed up at my office at the company. It was my mother." Jihyo looked down.

"Y-your mother?" Y/N hasn't seen Jihyo's mother ever since the two got married. The woman was really against their marriage and didn't hesitate to disown her daughter.

"Yeah, I was really surprised to see her because I hadn't seen or heard her ever since we got married. I thought that maybe she regretted disowning me and that she wanted to ask me to forgive her, but I was wrong. Very wrong even. She started to show up at my office almost every day to make me feel bad about myself. She kept saying how pathetic I turned out to be, how my marriage is a failure and how my kids will live forever in misery because of me.I didn't really mind these words at first, but after a while they really started to bother me. And I started to think that they were true."