Chapter 49

"Can you tell me where we're going? You know that I don't like anything that is unplanned." Jihyo asked her wife who was driving to somewhere that Jihyo has no idea of. 

"Please be patient. Don't you trust me?" Y/N asked.

"I do, love. I do." Jihyo smiled.

"We're almost there, just hold on a little bit longer." The older woman said and after about ten minutes Y/N parked the car in front of a building. Jihyo looked around at her surroundings and became a bit confused. Why are they here?

"Let's go." Y/N smiled and the two got out of the car. "I'm not really the type to do cliché stuff and blindfold people whenever I have a surprise for them but this time I'm going to do it." Y/N took out a blindfold.

"Now you're making me nervous." The younger woman admitted.

"Just trust me, love." Y/N put on the blindfold on her wive's eyes and guided her inside of the building. Jihyo can't even guess what's going on. Y/N has been acting very weird for the past two months but not in a bad way. She has just been way too excited about something and wouldn't tell Jihyo what for. 

"Alright, I'm taking your blindfold off now." Y/N said and took off the blindfold from Jihyo's eyes. Jihyo looked around and could see something that looked like an office. She looked around and saw her name on a sign at one of the tables and on the other table she saw a sign with Y/N's name on it. 

"What is this?" Jihyo asked as she kept looking around.

"Let me show you the whole floor." Y/N approached her and guided her. The place looks new and it's clear that this place isn't working yet. 

"What do you think?" Y/N asked when she was done showing her around and got back to the first room where Y/N first took off her blindfold.

"It looks very nice but can you tell me what this is for? Why are our names here?"

"Because this is our company. This is our office and the other offices are meant for the employees." Y/N explained to which Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows.

"O-our company? What are you talking about?"

"Whenever I saw you struggling as a journalist it really broke my heart and about ten years ago I promised myself that if I ever have the money and the confidence, I will set up a media company where you can be a journalist freely without having to work for a minimum wage. I will be the one to manage everything financially and you will be the one to take care of the journalism and media stuff. However I never had the money nor the confidence, but now I do. So I set up a company. This floor is totally ours. This is our office, Jihyo. You can do and be whatever you want."

"Y/N.... Where did you get the money for this?"

"Apparently Mr. Minatozaki had a feeling that Sana was going to get rid of me, so he left me behind one million dollars to set up my dream company. He knew about my dream and decided to support it."

"I can't believe this... Is this really ours?" 

"Yes, love." Y/N approached her and pulled her closer by her waist. "You deserve to be a good journalist and fulfil your dream. You don't have to work at that clothing store anymore. I'm sorry that it took me so long to do this but I didn't have the confidence to manage a company yet even though I've worked at MinSan for a really long time. So I took some classes on how to start a company and I did."

"Y-you don't like it?" Y/N asked when Jihyo kept silent.

"H-how could you do this to me?" Jihyo suddenly asked.

"What do you mean?" Y/N didn't expect this reaction this at all.

"How can you make me fall in love with you even more? How is that even possible?" Jihyo teared up.