Part 7: Small Talk

Shirayuki fluttered her eyes open, but the bright light hurt her eyes and she used Killua's hands to cover her eyes. 

         "Shirayuki, wake up." Killua whispered.

        Shirayuki did the same thing to dull the brightness and sat up, "Had a nice sleep?"

        "I think so?" Shirayuki muttered, still quite tired. 

       "Can I go back to sleep?" Shirayuki asked.

       "You've slept for almost 16 hours, how much more can you sleep?"

      "I don't know, usually I'm not this sleepy. I'll wake myself up in a bit, give me a moment." Shirayuki said, sitting up to get an energy drink.

      "That's unhealthy." Killua said.

      "But it keeps me awake." Shirayuki said, drinking the whole can at once.

      "Weird, I'm still a bit tired. I guess this doesn't work anymore, I'll have to buy the more extreme ones next time..." Shirayuki sighed, putting away the energy drink can.

      "Look, if you're still tired, just go back to sleep." Killua told her.

      "Okay. Goodnight..Or morning, Kil." Shirayuki muttered, going back to sleep.

      When Shirayuki's eyes closed, Killua felt angry. He was still shaken up from his family. He was okay with her saying his name but the way she said it just now sounded too similar.

       And Killua was no longer holding hands with Shirayuki as she had pulled away when she sat up, but saw Shirayuki trying to grab the floor. He secretly moved his hand close to Shirayuki's which made Shirayuki hold his hand, Killua didn't want anyone to see so he used the blanket Shirayuki was covered with to cover their hands.

        "Killua, wanna go skateboarding? I'll lend you my fishing rod." Gon asked.

        "Maybe not now. For some reason, my body feels sore." 

        "You have to lie down and rest, then. Probably from lack of sleep, just because you can stay awake all night doesn't mean you should, Killua." Kurapika told him.

        "Yeah, okay. I actually feel a bit tired, right now." Killua lied, laying down to rest.

        "Yeah, none have gotten any sleep yet besides Shirayuki. We should probably get some sleep now." Kurapika realising, switching off the light to let everyone sleep.

        Killua looked at Shirayuki, seeing how her face scrunched up whenever anything would make contact with her nose. Killua then noticed Shirayuki's eyes open slowly, he quickly let go of Shirayuki's hand and pretended to sleep.

        "I have to study..." Shirayuki muttered, taking a book out of her bag.

        'Study? What does she need to study for?'

       "L's...L's..." Shirayuki muttered, flipping through the books.

       "Okay, his name had two L's. I just need to practise..." Shirayuki movtivated herself.

       Killua heard soft mutters and some frustrated groans, and then finally heard his name, "Killua..Oh, I got it. Now he won't be in a bad mood anymore." Shirayuki sighed.

      'Wait, she saw me get angry?'

      Killua then felt his hair in his face, but was too scared to move, thinking that Shirayuki would realise that he was awake. He then felt a hand tuck the hair in his face back.