Part 13: Cling

"I really have to wash my clothes..." Shirayuki muttered.

          Killua continued pretending to sleep, making his breathing slightly heavier to make it seem that he was in a deep sleep, hearing Shirayuki's footsteps get closer.

          "Okay, good. He's asleep, hopefully he doesn't wake up before me..." Shirayuki muttered to herself, getting ready to change.

         "I really have no casual clothes to change into, I'll have to wear the fancy dress to sleep and quickly change back in the morning..."

        Shirayuki quickly changed into the fancy dress after washing all the seawater off her and washed her seawater soaked clothes in a nearby waterfall. She hanged the clothes and planned to use her jutsus to dry it if it wasn't dry the next day.

        She quickly went to sleep, keeping her hair out of the sleeping bag so it wouldn't make the sleeping bag wet.

       The next day, Shirayuki woke up and saw Killua still in his sleeping bag and stood up and saw her clothes dry. She went to take it when she heard a chuckle.

       "Now, why are you wearing that?" Killua chuckled.

       "I told you, I only have fancy clothes for special occasions. I completely forgot about casual clothing. I had to wash them because of all the seawater, and I only needed to wear this to sleep." Shirayuki explained, blush on her face.

       "Can you wear the crown again? Now you can become a fully fledged princess." Killua laughed.

       "Get out! I need to change!" Shirayuki yelled, pushing him away.

       "Of course, I'd never want to see any of that." Killua laughed, walking away so that Shirayuki could change.

      Shirayuki quickly changed and called Killua back, "Killua, I'm done." Shirayuki said. 

      "Got it." Killua said from behind the trees, walking back.

      "Are you cutting your hair?" Killua asked, seeing Shirayuki use a kunai to cut off her hair.

      "No, I'm opening up a teashop." Shirayuki laughed.

     "How funny." Killua sighed.

    "But why are you cutting your hair?" Killua asked.

     "Because it's getting longer, I like my hair short." Shirayuki explained, finishing her haircut.

      "My bangs are getting a bit longer too...Maybe I should get curtain bangs instead. These bangs are a hassle to wash too...But I look so cute like this..."

      "Maybe you should worry about stuff which is more important than your appearance. As you can see, I'm not crazy about my appearance."

       "If I didn't worry, I'd look like you." Shirayuki snickered.

       "HOW DARE-"

       "Besides, I'm not crazy about my appearance. But, I don't want to look like what I don't want to look like." Shirayuki interrupted, keeping her bangs the way it is but trimming it to her eyebrows carefully.

       "Now, I look normal." Shirayuki happily sighed, stretching and keeping her kunai.

       Shirayuki quickly climbed to the top of a tree, "Killua, how many days has it been?" Shirayuki asked.

       "2."

       "WHAT?! How much longer do we have to wait?" Shirayuki groaned, jumping down.

       "5 days."

       Shirayuki then pondered, "Is this place similar to the forest during the first phase? I could probably find some stuff which could be quite useful." 

      Killua wondered about what she was muttering about.

     'Stuff? What stuff? What do you find in a forest? Can you find a guy in a forest?'

      "Shirayuki, I'm sticking together with you." Killua announced.

      "Yeah, that's fine. I have enough stuff for the both of us." Shirayuki nodded, checking her bag and her scrolls.

      Killua stuck very close to Shirayuki, everytime he saw a sillhouette of a person, he'd move him and Shirayuki in another direction.

     "Killua, you're going to get us lost if we keep going in random directions." Shirayuki told him.

     "Just check from above." Killua said sarcastically.

     "Oh! That's not a bad idea!" Shirayuki agreed.

     Shirayuki wrapped an arm around Killua's waist and climbed a tall tree to the top.

      "Wha-Hey!" Killua yelled.

       The tree trunk was very thin at the top and only Shirayuki could stand on it, and she was standing on it with one leg. Killua had to rely on her hold.

       "Shirayuki, I am sorry for whatever I have done. Please don't drop me." Killua begged.

       "Huh? What do you mean-"

       "SHIRAYUKI! DON'T DROP ME!" Killua yelled, feeling Shirayuki's grip loosen when she asked the question.

       Shirayuki was even more confused and let go of him unknowingly, causing Killua to freak out and cling on to Shirayuki by wrapping his arms and legs around her.

       "Oops."

       "YOU'VE ALMOST DROPPED YOUR FRIEND AND ALL YOU HAVE IS 'oOpS'?!" Killua scolded.

       Shirayuki smirked, and leaned to the side which Killua was hanging on from, making him freak out and scream.

       "It's not even that high." Shirayuki laughed.

       "IT'S THREE TIMES THE HEIGHT OF NORMAL TREES! I COULD DIE!" Killua yelled.

       "You say that like it's a bad thing." Shirayuki chuckled.

       Killua looked at her concerned, "I'm kidding." She laughed.

      "You better be."

      "Anyways.." Shirayuki trailed, throwing Killua up so that she was carrying him on her back.

       "Hey! What are you doing?!" 

       "Carrying you, what else does it look like?" Shirayuki chuckled.

       "Do you know how embarrassing this is?" 

      "For you it is." Shirayuki giggled.

       "Are you doing this just to embarrass me?" Killua blushed.

       "Nope, I'm the only one who can do tree jumping." Shirayuki explained, holding Killua tighter and jumping from tree to tree.

       Killua would sometimes jump and held Shirayuki tighter everytime she jumped or made sudden movement.

       "You okay back there?" Shirayuki asked worriedly.

      "Yeah, I'm fine. The view is nice." Killua muttered.

      "Glad you like it, but we'll have to get down because I see some stuff I need. Unless you'd like to stay here." Shirayuki explained.

      "I'll stay here." Killua said, liking the view.

      "Okay!" Shirayuki smiled, carrying Killua bridal style before standing on the side of the tree to let Killua sit on the thin tree trunk, using some mud to make it more spacious and comfortable for him, and leaving.

       Shirayuki had taken all of the types of plants she needed and stored it, and went back to the tree she left Killua on only to see Killua fall back, seeing the mud break, making him fall back. Shirayuki quickly caught him on her back and landed back on the top of the tree.

       "Killua! You okay?! What happened?!" Shirayuki asked, extremely worried.