White Roses I

[3rd POV]

----- That Morning -----

Elsewhere from the city of New Domino, and from the subway tunnel home of Yusei's friends, was a dark and cold room. On the floor laid Blister who was been knocked out cold for the past several hours. He opened his eyes to find his vision blurry. He got up from the floor with a groan as everything was hurting. His left eye was bruised due to the punch he received the night prior. Blister took a look around to see where he was. The walls were a damp, greenish metal with a hint of moisture in the air.

Blister: 'So I can't see out of my left eye, the ground is cold, and I'm in a room that's less than homey. I'm probably being held prisoner.'

Blister stood up from his spot on the floor. He tried taking a step forward only to quickly realize that he had a shackle around his ankle. This new revelation annoyed him to no end. Seeing that there was nothing in his immediate reach to break his restraints, nor anything in his pockets to pick the lock. Blister resigned to just sit back on the floor. He had nothing to pass the time with. Although it felt like an eternity in his cold metal prison. Blister would sometimes whistle a little tune that would pop in his head. Sometimes he would recall memories of his dueling days with Aero. Other times he would just sit there and try to think about how he got here.

Blister: "Those people in the subway tunnel... They got to know something about Yusei's friends. The questions now are: How do I get out of here, and are they willing to talk?"

Time continued to tick away making Blister feeling anxious. Just how long he was here he wondered. How long would they wait to come to at least check up on him? The rumbling of his stomach pulled him out of those thoughts for a moment. Any food he did pack for his trip to the Satellite was in his knapsack. The thought of if they were going to come check on him reentered his mind, but not for long. The soft echoing of footsteps came from the door on the other side of the room. Blister watched in anticipation as to who it could be. The door opened and in stepped someone he recognized. It was one of the ladies from last night. More specifically, the one who wore the Calaca, as she wore it now.

Calaca: "Good morning."

Blister: "Hello there."

Calaca: "I've made you some stew. It isn't much, but it's hot."

The young woman came up to Blister with a tray in hand. On the tray was a bowl of hot steaming soup and a slice of bread. He looked at her and graciously accepted his meal. The woman handed him a wooden spoon to which he also accepted. Blister took a spoonful of soup with a chunk of meat in it and placed it in his mouth. It was definitely hot; however, the meat was slightly undercooked, and it had almost no flavor to it. Blister wanted to spit it back into the bowl, but one look at the young woman twiddling her thumbs together made him have a change of heart. She was gracious enough to make this for him, so he should be gracious enough to eat it so as to not hurt her feelings. Blister chewed the meat a bit and swallowed the bite in his mouth.

Blister: *clears throat* "It's... good."

Calaca: "Really? ¡Gracias a dios! I'm glad you like it. I don't really cook all that much, so it's nice to hear that. I'll leave you then to eat your breakfast."

Blister: "Can I at least get your name so I can thank you properly?"

The woman turned around and started to leave Blister and his food. She opened the door making the man think his question was going to go unanswered. When she stopped at the edge of the door's frame did Blister's attention perked up. The young woman turned slightly around to look at the restrained hacker.